SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I found a child on the side of the highway today. Happy ending :)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I found a child on the side of the highway today. Happy ending :) Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
Yes the U.S Gov. give Millions to foreign countries.

Posts: 105 | Registered: March 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Top notch!!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Well done. Thanks for being her guardian angel today.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Billythekids:

Not sure what this has to do with anything, much less the subject of this thread.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:

Not sure what this has to do with anything, much less the subject of this thread.

Posting while inebriated?

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gods work in motion.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Yep, great job rescuing the little one.

I was on patrol one day when I saw vehicles ahead of me slowing down and a vehicle stopped in the roadway. I was thinking I was coming up on an accident, but it was really a lady stopped in the roadway due to a young female child walking in the roadway. She was exiting her vehicle when I drove up.

I asked her if the child was hers, and she said she wasn't. I then retrieved the child from the roadway. I can't remember her age now, but she was about the size of a 7 year old, however, this pretty little girl had full-on Autism. She was virtually oblivious to what was going on around her, and she was holding-on tightly to a rag doll.

I took her to another agency's station close by and briefed dispatch on the child hoping that the parent(s) would hurry and call to report her missing.

While I was waiting with her, I would make sudden movements and loud noises to see if I could get her attention, but I never saw her eyes react. I've never personally dealt with anyone like that, and I thought it was fascinating.

As I said, she was a pretty little girl dressed in yellow, and she was wearing a diaper. She appeared clean and well-maintained - not dirty or visible injuries. I was thinking that if she had been abandoned, that I may be calling my wife with thoughts on possible adoption.

I cam't remember how much time went by, but it was probably around 30 minutes when dispatch advised me of the parent's location after they had called to report her missing.

I had them come to the station to claim her. I seem to only remember the mother, but I remember she appeared to be a loving and caring woman who told me that her daughter had left the house without her knowledge. Again, I don't remember the details since it happened so long ago, but I seem remember only completing an information report and strongly warning the mother of the consequences of further incidents. That was the last I heard from them.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1164 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
Blessings upon you sir. Nicely done.

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
I am quite positive that I am posting in a group of people who would have done the exact same thing. If I was exceptional in doing this, then I am just a byproduct of the exceptional people that I am surrounded by both in the real world and here on the internet.

Thank you all for the kind words. ~ David ~

quote:
“One day my grandson said to me, grandpa were you a hero in the war? And I said to him no I'm not a hero, but I have served in a company full of them.”
~ Dick Winters, Major, US Army ~

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:

First things first: Good job by the original poster.

Second thing, that comment about millions to foreign countries has absolutely no place in this thread. I have been down that road of finding a child out by herself, scared half to death, cold and hungry. Nothing gives a man a thrill like rescuing a child.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post