SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Boston - Federal Judge: Assault Weapons ban doesn't violate 2nd Amendment
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boston - Federal Judge: Assault Weapons ban doesn't violate 2nd Amendment Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leavemebe:
Why is this not considered treason and treated as such? Like each of the first 10 amendments, the 2nd is a restriction on the government. Our inalienable rights do not derive from government at any level.

I think we need one more Trump appointee on on the SC, hopefully one that replaces RBG or another fascist.

I think that sets the stage for the NRA, ACLJ, etc to bring a case that would eventually make it to the SC and firmly establish the Second Amendment for all 50 states.

Posts: 8840 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
it would be really nice to see this judge overturned and then reported to the Bar Association for remedial discipline based on an apparent lack of comprehension of the English language as well as a failure to understand the Bill of Rights

the fact that some people refer to him as a 'judge' just goes to show that anyone without a grade school education can fool some of the people all of the time

I hope he gets hit by a snowplow

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53745 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
So tired of unelected, politicized judges unilaterally deciding what is, and isn’t, Constitutional

Posts: 13544 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why is this not considered treason and treated as such?
Roll Eyes

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Well hey while he’s at it...he can fix the opioid problem. I read there’s 115 people a day who die from overdoses. Here’s an idea, let’s ban opioids to save lives. That way no one but people with legitimate prescriptions will use them.

People who live in ivory towers sure have a distorted view of this world.

Posts: 1445 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:
Roll Eyes

A logical answer would be more productive. Thanks.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 673 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:
Roll Eyes

A logical answer would be more productive. Thanks.
Logical questions get logical answers. Your question is illogical, because a ruling from a judge does not meet the definition of treason. Not even close.

Since you are apparently ignorant of the realities surrounding treason, despite your eagerness to imply a judge is guilty of it, I will attempt to direct your attention to Article III, Section 3, of the Constituion of the United States, and Title 18, Section 2381, of the US Code.

https://www.archives.gov/found...ipt#toc-section-3--2

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2381

Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DMF,

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Why is this not considered treason and treated as such? Like each of the first 10 amendments, the 2nd is a restriction on the government. Our inalienable rights do not derive from government at any level.

I think we need one more Trump appointee on on the SC, hopefully one that replaces RBG or another fascist.

I think that sets the stage for the NRA, ACLJ, etc to bring a case that would eventually make it to the SC and firmly establish the Second Amendment for all 50 states.

Yet I'm not confident 'that' would even resolve the issue. Clearly this judge has opted to fully ignore at least one (probably two) SCOTUS precedents on the topic. This guy is 78 years old, and likely waaaaaaaaaaayyy beyond his prime (assuming he ever had one). I still believe judges at all levels should have a mandatory retirement age. What that age should be I don't know, but it should come at some point before 78, or horizontal and feet first.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
it would be really nice to see this judge overturned and then reported to the Bar Association for remedial discipline based on an apparent lack of comprehension of the English language as well as a failure to understand the Bill of Rights

He can be reversed, the case can be remanded, but there's really no way to discipline someone who's a life-time appointee. It's embarrassing to be reversed, but that's about it.

That's why it's important to get it right "the first time" when it comes to appointing and confirming Article 3 judges. You don't get a do-over on someone who is benched-for-life. There's not much you can do to get rid of one who is incompetent or lazy, but not corrupt.

At the same time, this is why we have an appellate-level court.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post