SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sweet or Savory- make your choice
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sweet or Savory- make your choice Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I do love anything chocolate, but would easily give it up for Carpaccio, med rare beef or Pho

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I voted savory...I've finished up more than a few savory meat meals with one more helping of savory meat, while others are finishing up with cake or pie (I would miss nanner pudin' though...but would survive).

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
I don't even like sweet breakfasts. Savory all the way.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Easy choice for me. Savory, hands down. One look at our fridge and pantry you'd see all of the sauces we use in our kitchen on a daily basis. Oriental, Asian and Mexican and everything in between. A lb. of sugar lasts us a year or more.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Can't choose. I'll just suck on a shotgun now.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Savory hands down

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
What rational person would forego bacon, barbecue, steak, and mexican food for a lousy doughnut?

Posts: 26899 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
What rational person would forego bacon, barbecue, steak, and mexican food for a lousy doughnut?

Not to mention Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese and Thai food just to name a few more.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
As big a sweet tooth as I have there is no way I could live on only sweet foods so I have to go savory.

Me, too.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
As big a sweet tooth as I have there is no way I could live on only sweet foods so I have to go savory.

Me, too.

What if it were said that in this case you could live only on sweet foods?

Suspend reality just a bit.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
quote:

Me, too.

What if it were said that in this case you could live only on sweet foods?

Suspend reality just a bit.

Nope. No way. Love my Ribeyes alone enough that just a choice between giving up ribeyes vs sweets forever, I'd give up all sweets for that one cut of meat.

Then there's bacon and lamb and all sorts of meats and other things with salt.

No brainer.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20817 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I suppose it depends...

Some bbq sauces are sweet, does that count of it's slathered all over some ribs?

The flaky crust of an awesome Chicken Pot Pie is pretty sweet, how about that?

Rice is inherently sweet, as is Teriyaki - what about a Teriyaki Steak Rice Bowl, or Eel Sauce on Unagi Nigiri?

What about Dark Chocolate with Bacon in it?

Maybe I could manage.

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
I suppose it depends...

Some bbq sauces are sweet, does that count of it's slathered all over some ribs?

The flaky crust of an awesome Chicken Pot Pie is pretty sweet, how about that?

Rice is inherently sweet, as is Teriyaki - what about a Teriyaki Steak Rice Bowl, or Eel Sauce on Unagi Nigiri?

What about Dark Chocolate with Bacon in it?

Maybe I could manage.

Smile

Damn...you are making me hungry Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Between the two choices, I'm on the savory side.

I have tasted great cakes and pies in my life and the distinguishing common denominator is that they aren't too sweet.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19657 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:

Rice is inherently sweet,
Smile

I have to take exception to this as I consider myself a rice connoisseur.

Rice is like a fresh brand new canvas upon which you can slather different colors from your flavor palette to create the epicurean equivalent of a Mona Lisa or a David.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19657 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Savory without a doubt, if I could only have salt and black pepper I would be ok with that.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm losing it, but I swear we had this discussion a year or three ago.

It's like déjà vu all over again.
In any event, could I maybe have my weeks with six savory days and one sweet day?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post