SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sweet or Savory- make your choice
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sweet or Savory- make your choice Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Let's divide foods into two groups- sweet and savory.

Question:
Sweet, or savory? For the rest of your life, you can have foods only from the group you choose. Which do you choose?

Choices:
Sweet
Savory

Posts: 107554 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Mexican food mostly falls into the savory camp so that's where I'll be if you need me.
Goodbye my beloved Skittles.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I'd get by just fine without sweets. Savory for me!

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That isn't too hard a decision for me. Definitely savory. My wife I know would be sweet. No question about that.

I'd greatly miss having an apple every day though. That'd be hard.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
While I enjoy sweet foods, I couldn't live off of them.

Savory for me.

Posts: 6348 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Savory for me. I like sweets, but tend to stay away from them except in very low quantities.

Also, the list of things I'll eat that are both sweet & savory is very short.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5479 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Type 1 Diabetic for 32+ years, so savory for me!!

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'd have to go with savory. I like, for example, bacon, eggs and potatoes for breakfast better than doughnuts or pastries.

Posts: 27944 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
As big a sweet tooth as I have there is no way I could live on only sweet foods so I have to go savory.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I could live without the sweets as well.
Put me in the savory camp.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Savory here too but damn I'd miss chocolate. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I don't have a sweet tooth either. I prefer a piece of good bread, spread with salted butter, to just about any cake. I think the poll would favor "sweet" if this was a forum that catered to women's interests.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I think the poll would favor "sweet" if this was a forum that catered to women's interests.

Not necessarily. I would get over missing processed sweets like candy or pastries, but life without watermelon, apples, peaches, and sweet tea seems grim. Regardless, I'd have to join team savory. I'll take solace in BBQ, boiled pnuts, and tomato pie.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Savory for me, I am not a big fan of sweet foods or sweets for that matter.

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Savory by a country mile.

Given a choice between dessert or more lasagna, give me lasagna.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16689 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dma1
posted Hide Post
Savory all the way.

Posts: 275 | Registered: September 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had enough sweet for four people , I will choose savory for my last 10 years

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54625 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a sweet tooth but I'm going savory.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Savory hands down. An occasional sweet is one thing but an entire diet of that stuff would be gross.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
As big a sweet tooth as I have there is no way I could live on only sweet foods so I have to go savory.

this,

in spades,
+125842 or whatever,

cake, pie, chocolate,, damn I would miss them, but can't live of it

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post