SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Congressional investigators find irregularities in FBI's handling of Clinton email case
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Congressional investigators find irregularities in FBI's handling of Clinton email case Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
quote:
Republicans on key congressional committees say they have uncovered new irregularities and contradictions inside the FBI’s probe of Hillary Clinton’s email server.

For the first time, investigators say they have secured written evidence that the FBI believed there was evidence that some laws were broken when the former secretary of State and her top aides transmitted classified information through her insecure private email server, lawmakers and investigators told The Hill.

That evidence includes passages in FBI documents stating the “sheer volume” of classified information that flowed through Clinton’s insecure emails was proof of criminality as well as an admission of false statements by one key witness in the case, the investigators said.

Too lengthy to cut and paste. Read all about it here.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems I've read this story and all the stated facts before and nothing ever gets done.

Please release the hounds President Trump!!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Anything to do linking Hillary and corruption is merely the standard operating procedure. Real news would be if Hillary et al ever did anything honest or honorable.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course that’s the case, anyone whose ever held a clearance knew that over 2 years ago once it broke there were multiple classified docs found.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from JALLEN's link:

"an admission of false statements by one key witness in the case, the investigators said.

The name of the witness is redacted from the FBI documents but lawmakers said he was an employee of a computer firm that helped maintain her personal server after she left office as America’s top diplomat and who belatedly admitted he had permanently erased an archive of her messages in 2015 after they had been subpoenaed by Congress."

That is an odd "discovery". It was well known in Sept 2016

The employee is Paul Combetta of Platte River Networks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/0...s-investigation.html

Sept 2016

The House oversight committee has asked officials from Platte River Networks, Mr. Combetta and others to appear at a hearing before his committee on Tuesday about how the email account was set up and how the messages were deleted.

According to the F.B.I. documents, Mr. Combetta told the bureau in February that he did not recall deleting the emails. But in May, he told a different story.

In the days after Mrs. Clinton’s staffers called Platte River Networks in March 2015, Mr. Combetta said realized that he had not followed a December 2014 order from Mrs. Clinton’s lawyers to have the emails deleted. Mr. Combetta then used a program called BleachBit to delete the messages, the bureau said.

In Mr. Combetta’s first interview with the F.B.I. in February, he said he did not recall seeing the preservation order from the Benghazi committee, which Mrs. Clinton’s lawyer, Cheryl D. Mills, had sent to Platte River.

But in his May interview, he said that at the time he made the deletions “ he was aware of the existence of the preservation request and the fact that it meant he should not disturb Clinton’s email data ” on the Platte River server.

so why was it hard to go after Combetta ?

He was given immunity by the DoJ

Posts: 19561 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
It makes it harder, not impossible. If false statements were made, those can be proven without using any of the statements for which immunity was given, often.

We are basing our impressions on news reports, and not the whole story. Furthermore, whereas before, maybe all there were were uncorroborated statements, now maybe some of it has become admissible evidence.

Who knows?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I knew it was going to take time to peel back her supporters and get to the truth.

Time to look at Benghazi too

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sdy:
from JALLEN's link:

The employee is Paul Combetta of Platte River Networks.

Los tres conspiradores:

Witnesses, from left, Paul Combetta, Platte River Networks, Bill Thornton, Platte River Networks, and Justin Cooper are sworn in on Capitol Hill in Washington, on Sept. 13, 2016, prior to testifying before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing on Examining Preservation of State Department Records.

Source:
U.S. House committee chairman asks Justice Department to prosecute Platte River Network’s CEO

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
Anything to do linking Hillary and corruption is merely the standard operating procedure. Real news would be if Hillary et al ever did anything honest or honorable.

By responding that makes us both complicit in thread drift but so true. Red Face
For all her years on the public stage, I'm hard pressed to think one example of decency from that woman. At her best, whenever that may have been, she served her needs first and foremost.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
seeing that picture w Justin Cooper reminded me:

Cooper's lawyer was Aaron Zebley.

where is Zebley today ? He is on Muellar's team.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...r-repd-top-aide.html

Posts: 19561 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Wake me when court convenes.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Let me know when someone is charged.

Too many crimes committed, but so far no one is being held accountable.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6483 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you read the MSM the current email investigation is portrayed as an attempt to distract from the Mueller Russian Collusion Investigation.

It really seems to split on partisan ideology with No Truth.

We sit here discussing esoteric points while the attempt to overthrow the election continues.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Is any of this a real surprise? She’s been dirty for years.

Nn never will forget what my BIL said about a comment he heard about the Clintons prior to him being elected vthe first time. He and my Sister were coming out of an eating place in Clinton’s home state and over heard some folks talking and one of them made the comment that every one knew they were nothing but Arkansas trash.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:

TOP. MEN.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG 229R:
Is any of this a real surprise? She’s been dirty for years.

Nn never will forget what my BIL said about a comment he heard about the Clintons prior to him being elected vthe first time. He and my Sister were coming out of an eating place in Clinton’s home state and over heard some folks talking and one of them made the comment that every one knew they were nothing but Arkansas trash.
My relatives in Arkansas did not support them.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post