SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Walmart Has Really Upped Their Game With Online Ordering And Free Ship-To-Store
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walmart Has Really Upped Their Game With Online Ordering And Free Ship-To-Store Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Walmart's online ordering and free ship-to-store to go pickup used to be a mess with you forced to go to the back of the store and flag someone down and wait...and wait...and wait then wait some more for someone to find your order and bring it out to you. Half the time the people you were dealing with had no clue about what they were doing.

They must be looking at Amazon and other competitors because the process is completely revamped and very pleasant now.

You order your item online, choose free ship-to-store option and in a day or two you get a text that it's there ready to be picked up. They send you a QR code in an email, you walk up to a large kiosk at the front of the store and scan it, and within a minute or two there is a Walmart employee there with your item. They even have comfy chairs to sit in to wait, but I've not had a chance to use them yet as they bring my order out quickly and I'm on my way.

I like the free ship-to-store because we have a Walmart 5 minutes away.

Walmart catches a lot of shit here and other places, but this is one area they've really upped their game in!

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
More and more of their products are available cheaper than amazon.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3960 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Competition and the free market help us all.

Posts: 12650 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Good to know they've upped their game. Thanks.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Although I'm not Walmart's biggest fan, at least they support their local economies.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I shop Walmart online a LOT for my normal consumables.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38641 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
They’ve been working like hell to keep up with Amazon. Overall they’re starting to get it right.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
The only downside is you still have to go to Walmart!

Posts: 5758 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
I've ordered more then a few things from Walmart shipped directly to the house. Shows up when it's supposed to, no fuss at all. So far.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I may try again but, every time I tried to use their online buy or locate items in stock it has been a complete shit show.

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
We live close to a Walmart but I haven't tried their free shipping to store service. After reading this thread I may give them a try. It would be nice to have them as an option to Amazon.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
The Wal-Mart nearest me just blocked off 20 spots for curbside delivery. Pull in to your spot, call the number, and they bring it out to your car.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Been using them for a couple months now with free ship to home. A couple times there have been options for a slightly longer delivery time tied to further discounts. And yes the prices in many cases are cheaper than Amazon. Only nit I've had is the lousy tape on boxes with canned goods inside that came loose. Nothing lost or damaged though but it was close.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used the Walmart ship -to-house a couple of times with no problems. Recently i used the Google Express ship-to-home FREE with a discount coupon up to $20 off. It arrived in 2 days. I am impressed!!! Got to love competition!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Good to know. Never really patronized Wally’s but am becoming increasingly disenchanted with Prime PRC crap. May give it a try. Especially after I visited a store and found many decent items not made in PRC

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12712 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
There is no Walmart especially close to me here but visiting a friend in the "East Valley" of Phoenix, there must have been 25 Walmarts in a 200 square mile area. A few miles apart. Including one ½ mile away. Imagine my surprise, empty parking lot, pound Land'O'Lake on sale for $1.05 each. It was almost like a local grocery/everything store, not the "Superstore" feeling I get around here.

Not to plug Amazon, but I did try their kiosk delivery. Had a package delivered to the yellow array by a local fuel station. Let their machine scan the code on my phone, and silently a door opens. Pretty neat. Spiffy, even!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Just like you, I tried them a few times and quit ordering, standing in the line and trying to find it turned me off.

I guess I will have to check them out now and see if it works better at my local WM

Posts: 3850 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I never wanted to be a Walmart shopper but they got me.

Posts: 3445 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Every time I go in Walmart lately I run across at least one worker with a cart picking and filling orders from the shelves. That option is getting used by some at least but I haven't tried it. Out Walmart also blocked off several parking spots near the door for pickups as well.
I bet they had to add employees as well to handle the online order pick up at store orders.
I wonder if it doesn't cost them some impulse buying.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4125 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I've used this service for sometime now. Never had a problem with any of it. Our local WM has a special desk that you go to you have your item in just a minute or two. Easy Peasy.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5034 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post