SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    PA EZPass Changes
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PA EZPass Changes Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
kx90:

I ruck in Newtown most mornings before I head to get the train in Trenton. I cannot imagine how bad it's going to be heading into NJ when they start work on that bridge in earnest.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
If they bump the speed limit to highway speeds when passing through, this is a good thing. Be like Denver and get rid of the toll booth in its entirety.

We have both. 2 miles before the EZ-pass there are signs that direct you to the left lanes if you have the pass and want to continue at highway speeds. Some double the price, and on the way back, in the same location there is no toll booths.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:
posted March 22, 2017 08:36 PMWTF is this bullshit? The light that goes green when your EZPass is read is a great feature I always thought? Now it's illegal according to the Feds?

quote:
These are exactly what they are getting rid of in PA. Did you even read my post?

That statement is confusing. You stated they are eliminating the green light signal similar to a standard traffic signal. Then you stated they are eliminating the led system that gives a account status. which one is it?

Ummm... yeah. That's what I was just thinking after I re-read your post several times. I see talk about a "feedback signal or traffic light", which I read to be one and the same. There was also subsequent discussion about the very traffic light and conjecture that somehow such a signal was a prohibited use of an actual traffic light.

Sorry I missed the part in your OP about a text display advising the driver of his account status when a tag is read at a toll plaza.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hile:
kx90:

I ruck in Newtown most mornings before I head to get the train in Trenton. I cannot imagine how bad it's going to be heading into NJ when they start work on that bridge in earnest.
I hope they don't close the 95 bridge during the construction. We got a taste of it when the TPK bridge was closed. As long as I got into Morrisville by 7:15am I will beat most of the traffic to the Calhoun St. bridge.

Coming home from work was the real pain in the ass. The traffic on 29 was backed all the way to the 129 split.

From what it looks like they will be building a second bridge right next to the current bridge, once that is complete they will move all of the traffic to that bridge. Then they will rebuild the current bridge and when that is finished open it up.

Hopefully that eases up the choke point that area is.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember: move out west - no toll roads

Unless you don't consider Kansas to be west enough, the Kansas Turnpike (aka I70) between Topeka and Kansas City is a toll road. It is not compatible with the EZ Pass system so they send you a bill in the mail if you don't have a local toll reader.

Posts: 1571 | Location: SW PA | Registered: November 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
move out west - no toll roads

Not entirely true. While we're not forced to pay a toll for driving on the highway, there are specific lanes which charge a toll in order to avoid rush hour traffic. They're also through the FasTrak system.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
Here in MD, we have very informative signs that tell you "Paid", "Low Balance", or even "Invalid Tag" ($0 balance), as you drive through.

You'll get used to it.

-Rob

Rob Ever driving the ICC. While I think it's BS that it's a toll road but that's another discussion, the system is 1000 times better. No lights, no toll both never slow down. Highway interchanges and highway speeds the entire length.

Sensors are above the road like large signs. They can tell where you get on and off and charge your EZ-Pass.

Much better then the tunnels through Baltimore.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16395 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
Here in MD, we have very informative signs that tell you "Paid", "Low Balance", or even "Invalid Tag" ($0 balance), as you drive through.

You'll get used to it.

-Rob

Rob Ever driving the ICC. While I think it's BS that it's a toll road but that's another discussion, the system is 1000 times better. No lights, no toll both never slow down. Highway interchanges and highway speeds the entire length.

Sensors are above the road like large signs. They can tell where you get on and off and charge your EZ-Pass.

Never tried it, but I assume it's the same as the Express lanes on VA side of Beltway?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:

You'll get used to it.

-Rob

Never tried it, but I assume it's the same as the Express lanes on VA side of Beltway?

Basically the same thing.

BTW when the for years the Dulles Toll Road had no way to collect funds from people driving through the ezpass lanes without a transponder.

I used to have work in VA but my office was in MD. I had a transponder on my work truck but it started blinking the it's dead thing when I went through it. Work never got a bill. I did get it swapped out for a new one. Later I find out the camera's never worked to track people that didn't pay. They do now but apparently they didn't for years.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16395 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
move out west - no toll roads

one of the things I absolutely detested the most in New England, and particularly the shithole town where I lived was every entrance and exit to and from the highway in my town was a toll booth

Sounds like Merrimack, NH.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3446 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have lived in major metro areas in the past. Toll roads, heavy traffic and paying for parking are things I do not miss. I would enjoy luxury living in the wilderness but that is not affordable at the moment.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post