SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any scale model or diorama builders here?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any scale model or diorama builders here? Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
Have you kept a journal or record on he amount of time you have spent on your project? Amazing work!

Thank you.

Haven't been punching a clock. I have, foolishly, kept loose track of expenses in order to ensure that portion of Visa and Amazon Visa payments come out of my "fun" money. Eek

Good news is, SWMBO actually approves, understanding that I need something to keep me occupied. She even comes up with occasional suggestions.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Just saw this picture on the AZL forum. This is a Z Gauge train where the track is only 1/4" wide

The detail of the grass in the concrete crcks is amazing.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
saw this on the tube the other month...

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
@ugeesta - I can't even imagine. "N" scale would drive me up the wall and Z is even smaller. Amazing work there!

@f2 - I saw that a while back. Heck of an imagination and great use of perspective.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Bought that 40 next door. Razz

Got started converting some of that hard, pink clay into arable land. Still won't have the space (or the funds) to create "fields", but I'll have a place to put a garden for the house and set that corn crib:

and a couple of other structures I've built or had donated by a generous SigForum member.

There'll be a stream with a little waterfall coming off the hill and meandering around behind the house. Gives me an excuse to build a bridge over the stream so Maw can get to the garden. The hill will be pretty heavily "forested". Not sure what I'll do to fill the rest of the space.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Thought this was pretty cool.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
That is wicked cool! Love the creativity of that sort of pose. Wouldn't have occurred to me.

Along the same lines:

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

For xl_target: Recognize those trees? Big Grin

With the additional real estate, I can expand my "Spare Inventory Pile". No farm junk yard is complete without a rusted out old pickup, so...

I started out with this cereal box toy. Drilled out the rivets, cut the box off the back of the cab and dumped the parts in a jar of brake fluid to strip the paint.

Once the paint was off, I attacked it with a pair of pliers and a vise and generally bent, twisted and crushed the cab and fenders. Plus I drilled a few bullet holes for effect. When I was happy with it, I super-glued it into a pile and then

backed WAY off and splattered it with some Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer and highlighted the bullet holes with a little flat black paint.

It'll get parked behind the shop with a tree growing up through the frame.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Your work is top notch! Thanks for letting us ride along. Wink

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really interesting. After seeing your work it reminded me of a site I saw quite a while ago.I found the link this morning. A guy by the name of Michael Paul Smith. https://www.flickr.com/photos/24796741@N05/

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1364 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
Really interesting. After seeing your work it reminded me of a site I saw quite a while ago.I found the link this morning. A guy by the name of Michael Paul Smith. https://www.flickr.com/photos/24796741@N05/

I saw some of his stuff somewhere, didn't realize he had a site. Thanks for the link. Amazing realism!

When (if...) the weather improves, I'm going to try that approach to photographing my diorama.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
When (if...) the weather improves, I'm going to try that approach to photographing my diorama.

I look forward to the pictures.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1364 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Typical March weather today - cold and wind like a knife - so I spent the day in the basement making improvements to the Back 40.

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Got the wrecked pickup parked out behind the shed.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't a true Redneck have it in the front yard? Smile

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Wouldn't a true Redneck have it in the front yard? Smile

flashguy

A fair point, but I'm out of cinder blocks at the moment... Smile

posted Hide Post
Keep us updated, I find them fascinating!
Thank You!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

As of "quitting time" today.

On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
That looks really good.

It would be neat to add some wisps of black smoke coming from the exhaust on the tractors.

Just an added touch of realism. Smile

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
That looks really good.

It would be neat to add some wisps of black smoke coming from the exhaust on the tractors.

Just an added touch of realism. Smile

Dunno about the tractors (shouldn't smoke unless they're really pulling hard) but I do want to figure something out for the barbeque under the Elm tree.