SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need new flip flop recommendation
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need new flip flop recommendation Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I have smallish- medium feet. I don't see how people with normal size feet can wear them. Except maybe females.

Wait a minute...you have small-medium feet BUT, the straps are digging in? Either you got a bad pair or, you have a unusually high instep.

I get it, shoes are highly personal and not every brand fits all foot specs but, there's a lot of margin with fit when it comes to flips.

Let's say I have medium feet; certainly not relatively large or wide. I have Ecco and Montrail sandals/flip flops. Size 40-41 depending on the model. They all fit comfortably fine from the get go.

The Olukai in size 8 dug into the upper part of my feet and left distinct impressions on both inner and outer sides of my feet (basically where ever the strap touched my foot; not just the instep/arch side). Perhaps it was a bad pair but for $60, I expected them to be perfect.

We'll see how the Sanuck's work out when I get them. If they don't work out either, I'll go back to Ecco.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12718 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I'm at the complete opposite end of the spectrum compared to pretty much everyone in this thread. I've worn $4-$5 "Locals" brand rubbah slippas for the last 20 years. I'm on probably my sixth pair in that time. I get them at Long's Drug on Maui, usually pick up a few pairs to have on hand as spares.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
I hope that you guys are happy now. Read this thread. Got the bug for a pair of flip-flops. Did some additional research. Went out this morning and bought a pair of Olukai Nui's. End of story.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1449 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by JoKer86:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
best flip flops I have ever had are Sanuk's,

made from old yoga mats,,

$20-40ish though. Love mine, I used to hate flip flops, now I wear them constantly.

just got another pair last week,

listed as beer koozy something another,

on sale, $25

very comfy

Another Sanuk wearer here. Beer Cozy on mine & Yoga Mat on my wife's.
Both comfortable for extended wear & that I can recall, pretty slip resistant.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15312 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with Teva Mush flip flops.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get Chacos when they are on sale.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
I get a couple of years out of a pair of Reefs. $55 every couple of years is what $2 a month? How long do $25 flip flops last?

^^^ This.

My recommendation is OluKai (https://www.olukai.com/).

They will be as pricey as Reefs, but I agree with TXJIM: Spend the money now, have comfortable flip flops that last two to three times as long, or save the money and suffer with a crappy pair that lasts (maybe) a year.

I know this "formula" doesn't work in all cases, but it does here. I purchased several pairs of cheap flip flops that gave my feet blisters, and then bought a pair of OluKai's. They are super comfortable and I just replaced them after 5 years. I definitely got my $$s worth.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post