SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need new flip flop recommendation
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need new flip flop recommendation Login/Join 
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Crocs Athens flip flops in solid black are my favorite "rubbah slippahs", followed by Olukai.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
P210,
I'm gonna be on the big island this September.

Olukai is great, I am wearing some right now.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31427 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
I like Combat Flip Flop's AK-47:

https://www.combatflipflops.co...7?variant=2566028484

Tiddies' Big Knockers to bring back old memories of South Padre and spring break in the 80's:

http://www.mytiddies.com/home.php?cat=286

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I don't wear flip flops anymore, but I still have a pair of rainbows that once broken in were incredibly comfortable.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cmr076,

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being a native Californian, and frequent visitor to Hawaii, flip-flops are mandatory part of wardrobe.

Hands-down, best flip-flops on the market are made by Olu'Kai, their most popular model: 'Ohana is the gold-standard for all-purpose slippah. Expensive, yes. Top quality materials, yes. Supportive, yes. Last a long time, yes. If you like a leather top-sheet, they've got a bunch of those models too but I'll stick with the 'Ohana's. I used to cycle through about two pairs of flips a year, since Olu'Kai came on the scene, I only replace my flips maybe every 3-years....with Olu'Kai's of-course. I've been in the outdoor industry for over 20-years and they changed the footwear game when they arrived on scene.

Mid-range, I've enjoyed Reef. $25-55 should get you some decent style and good comfort.

Price sensitive with limited life, nothing beats Teva Mush. I used to sell Teva's and my dealers couldn't stock enough. When it came time to order more, they just eliminated the colors they'd DIDN'T want and ordered all the other colors. Soft but, supportive, easy to make, ideal trash flip.

Some people are big fans of Rainbow, I'm not one of them. The leather top-sheet I slide way too much, I feel like I'm on ice skates but, too each their own.

Posts: 14663 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
Most comfortable "sandals" I've ever worn... don't laugh...

Crocs Baya Slide

Super cushiony and comfortable. It's a shame they have decided to cut their name into the sides of them on the newer models. My older ones just have cut out holes, no company name.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I can't stand cheap flip flops.

Reefs are pretty comfortable.

I guess everyone's feet are different, my wife bought me a pair of Rainbows and I find them very uncomfortable. Maybe it's because they are the waterproof rubber and fabric kind instead of leather, but I can't stand them.

I have two pairs of Olukais, one all synthetic waterproof pair and one leather and cork pair. They were very comfortable when I bought them, have only gotten more so, and have held up great for years. I've walked miles at a time in each pair with no problems.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoKer86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
best flip flops I have ever had are Sanuk's,

made from old yoga mats,,

$20-40ish though. Love mine, I used to hate flip flops, now I wear them constantly.

www.sanderstactical.com

Posts: 770 | Location: Gallatin, TN | Registered: December 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Crocs.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerkyjer
posted Hide Post
Olukai. I've had them all, reefs, rainbows, Tevas, flojos....
NOTHING is like the olukai. Comfortable, durable, supportive, great soles, and they look great.

War Eagle!

Posts: 206 | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Ok, I bought a pair of the Olukai ohana. I bought a half size bigger and the length is okay but the straps are very tight and leave indentations in my foot. Otherwise they seem comfortable and well built.

Is there a trick to break them in and stretch out the straps? If not, they are not usable.

I have smallish- medium feet. I don't see how people with normal size feet can wear them. Except maybe females.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12736 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Cobian and Combat Flip Flops are my go to brands.

Posts: 3520 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Is there a trick to break them in and stretch out the straps? If not, they are not usable.

Try wearing some socks to stretch them a little.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31427 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoKer86:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
best flip flops I have ever had are Sanuk's,

made from old yoga mats,,

$20-40ish though. Love mine, I used to hate flip flops, now I wear them constantly.

just got another pair last week,

listed as beer koozy something another,

on sale, $25

very comfy

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Will continue to try to break it in today using 5 finger socks.

If it's still tight, then I'm wondering if I should try Reef Fanning or Sunuck Beer Cozy 2 next.

ETA: Returning the Olukai's. After reading a number of reviews, I'm getting the Sanuck Beer Cozy 2 (over the Sanuck Brumeister and the Reef Fanning).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: konata88,

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12736 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
Went in search of Rainbows today. Their store locator is inaccurate, waste of time. Their sizing seems off. I wear a 13 in Nike/New Balance/Others and their XXL wouldn't even slide on my foot. Other makers have been the same way...think I had ordered Reefs before that were too small. For the money that Rainbow charges, they dont make it easy to purchase and their sizing is bogus. Solid thumbs down from me.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Flojos have been a favorite of mine for years...

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Reef's or Sanuk's.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16404 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
I have smallish- medium feet. I don't see how people with normal size feet can wear them. Except maybe females.

Wait a minute...you have small-medium feet BUT, the straps are digging in? Either you got a bad pair or, you have a unusually high instep.

I get it, shoes are highly personal and not every brand fits all foot specs but, there's a lot of margin with fit when it comes to flips.

Posts: 14663 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Olukai's are great and long lasting. My yard pair is probably 5+ years old and going strong. Olukai's are known for their built in arch cushion.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1378 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post