SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need new flip flop recommendation
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need new flip flop recommendation Login/Join 
Picture of barndg00
posted
I am in need of a new pair of flip flops. I love my current Reef Fannings, however, I'm not going to spend $55 for flip flops. So can anyone recommend a similar flip flop with a comfy sole that won't break the bank? And, no, I don't need the bottle opener that the Reefs have. Thanks!

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
OMG. Same issue.
My old flip flops were Gotcha's. so comfortable.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I've had my Reefs for years and I'm gonna need new ones soon...didn't realize they had gotten so high...I have the model that are like the fannings, but w/o the bottle opener

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
best flip flops I have ever had are Sanuk's,

made from old yoga mats,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10419 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I was gonna suggest Reefs, so I got nothin'.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
My sketcher flip flops are extremely comfortable. Been wearing them for a couple of years now, but I can't remember what I paid for them.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
You need to find them on sale. Shitty flip flops will just hurt your feet. I know I've brought some based on price before. I find them good ones cheap in the OBX when I'm done there in the off season these days.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I really like these Blue Fin Super Flexs:

https://www.rackroomshoes.com/...als/330239/item.prod

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I love volcom. Good oustole. I am eager to try reef.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I like Montrail. The ones with an adjustable front strap rather than the thong style. Seems like Crocs have a following.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12714 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I get a couple of years out of a pair of Reefs. $55 every couple of years is what $2 a month? How long do $25 flip flops last?

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
You should buy a Ford. They are the best vehicle ever made.

No, wait, you should buy a Chevy, Ford's suck.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
You're all wrong. Lifelong surfer, beach bum, and all year round flip flop wearer/connoisseur here.

Rainbow sandals are the way to go (it's a flip flop).

Yeah, they're around $40-$50 depending where you purchase..but they're leather and will last you FOREVER.

Once you break them in, they mold to your foot and they are the most comfortable, stylish, and durable flops around.

https://www.rainbowsandals.com

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have quicksilver, oneill and reefs, the Oneils are by far the best. You can usually find one of the above mentioned brands in places like Marshalls/TJ Maxx etc. for around $20 a pair.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I just bought these, to replace my worn out leather Rainbows. I decided to go with something rubber because I end up getting wet and the leather doesn't like it.

https://www.rainbowsandals.com...-Natural-Suede-Strap

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chaco Ecotread, but wait until they go on sale at an outdoors place or at Steep and Cheap. I have 2 pair and i think i paid 30 a piece.

Posts: 378 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Olukai or Reef, you get what you pay for rings true when it comes to footwear

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I was gonna suggest Reefs, so I got nothin'.

Reef Fanning here too

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10909 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a few pairs of Teva Mush flip flops over the years, I may get some basic Reefs again but I like the Tevas well enough, they arent expensive.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post