SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Free Fried Pickles at Hooters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Free Fried Pickles at Hooters Login/Join 
posted
Ends today, Wednesday 1/24/18

All you have to do is order a drink (includes soda).

http://www.delish.com/food-new...government-shutdown/

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd amdmt gramps
posted Hide Post
IMHO, that is about what a fried pickle is worth.

Posts: 2106 | Location: southeast arkansas | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
All you have to do is order a drink (includes soda).

Then it isn't free, is it? Frown

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
But it's not April 1st yet...

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
If most Hooters are doing as bad as my local one I don’t give them long. Last time I went it was a Friday night and the place was dead. The wings were literally laying in a dish of oil. Overall crappy experience. The girls were ugly too. Free pickles ain’t gonna do it.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I like fried pickles. I've never been to a Hooters. <Looks...> The nearest one is 45 minutes away, by car. Looks like I'm going to remain never having been to a Hooters.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had some good fried pickle chips, Hooters are not one of them.

I got them for free when I ordered them a few months back as they weren't even edible. Way too salty.

I tried a few and asked the waitress to try one and she agreed they were awful and took them off the bill.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
If most Hooters are doing as bad as my local one I don’t give them long. Last time I went it was a Friday night and the place was dead. The wings were literally laying in a dish of oil. Overall crappy experience. The girls were ugly too. Free pickles ain’t gonna do it.

The service went to crap years ago. I tried to give them a second, third, and fourth chance at different locations and it didn't get any better so I have given up on them

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I gave up on Hooters about 15 years ago. Used to be a decent place to go for wings, but went seriously downhill.

Our local Hooters shut down a few years back.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I don't go there often, but the Hooters near me is decent. The food is better than many similar places if you order to their strengths. Service is is fine. It isn't white tablecloth service, but the girls are friendly and bring you more beer when you want it. My main objection is how noisy it is, but again, it is the nature of the beast.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Best pickle is at Jimmy Johns.... although it isn't fried.

Couple of Hooters closed here, and one wing house closed, although it wasn't in a good location.

Wing House is better than Hooters but local
chain Gators is better than both...

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
The ones that I've been to had really good wings and generally above average pub-fare. The waitresses were usually 7+ as well. Overall good experiences.

Haven't been to one in about ten years though, so things may have changed a bit since then.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Too much other competition in the "Breastaurant" chain category (Twin Peaks, Bombshells, Tilted Kilt...) to put up with sup-par food or service, then Hooters will eventually go out of business.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I don't go there often, but the Hooters near me is decent. The food is better than many similar places if you order to their strengths. Service is is fine. It isn't white tablecloth service, but the girls are friendly and bring you more beer when you want it. My main objection is how noisy it is, but again, it is the nature of the beast.
Only wings I can get delivered are from Hooters. They now have smoked wings and they're good. Much, much better than their original (breaded - yuck!) wings or naked wings. Their sauce still sucks as I compared side by side with a bottle of Frank's wing's sauce.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post