SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best Replacement Battery - Jeep Grand Cherokee
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Replacement Battery - Jeep Grand Cherokee Login/Join 
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I've had pretty good luck with batteries from Walmart. The best part is that they are available 24/7, just about any day, anywhere in the country.

Once upon a time it was a pretty much no questions asked policy. Now they've been cracking down and actually testing any returned batteries to make sure they are not working properly.

Plus their are pretty highly rated by Consumer Reports too.

I just put one from Walmart in my fiancee's car yesterday. $93 + tax for the battery with a 5 year warranty (full replacement during the first 3 years, prorated the last 2 years). That's perfect for her car since it get's driven nearly every day.

Posts: 1801 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Acid battery - Motorcraft
AGM - NAPA Legend

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
If you are a AAA member, they will deliver and install a battery at a reasonable price. And it's then covered 24/7 for the duration of the warranty. They just deliver another if something goes wrong.

^^^^This^^^^

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have the same Vehicle (09 Grand Cherokee) and bought an Autozone Gold battery about 4 years ago that's still strong in this morning's 10 degree weather.

oddly enough, it says "Made in Spain" on the side of it!

Posts: 441 | Location: Wichita, KS USA | Registered: April 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
Interstate seems to get a fair number of recommendations. We don't have a Costco nearby, but we do have an Interstate Center a couple miles from home. I will check them out in the morning.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
As we often do, we over think these things. This is now 2018, the Cherokee is a 2009. Maybe we need to ask if this is the original battery that has gone bad. Regardless, any battery that will last another 5 or so years will take the vehicle to the logical end of life. Sure, some last longer. If the car still has life in it in 5 or 6 years, just buy another battery. Its not a big deal to pull the swap.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I always get the top of the line Walmart, reason being is that I like the easy warranty that goes along with it. I travel with my truck and about 5 yrs ago the battery quit and I was out of state. Without any paperwork went to the local Walmart and I was in the system and got free replacement.

Posts: 5301 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Duracell AGM at Sam's for $130 or so.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
I had a Walmart Everstart installed in my 09 Jeep GC. Marked Made In Germany.

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Is this the original battery?

If so what more do you want out of a battery? Unless the factory replacement battery is insanely priced go get another just like the first.

I've got to second Black LX here my experience with Motorcraft has been excellent (from my '87 Bronco and T-Bird to present) I've had Premium NAPA batteries in work related pickups that have been fine too.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5150 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
Is this the original battery?

If so what more do you want out of a battery? Unless the factory replacement battery is insanely priced go get another just like the first.

My thinking also. The AC/Delco in my truck is midway through its 5th Pennsylvania winter. Still cranking as it should ...when it fails I'll get a jump, get home, and order another just like it.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
The Interstate battery in my Silverado lasted 7 years but during our recent extreme cold, finally has bitten the dust. I'm shopping for a new battery today. For a chores-for-the- farm vehicle that gets driven less than 5000 miles per year, I will be looking for the least expensive way to go.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

For my infrequent battery replacements, I go with Odyssey AGM. Made here in the US in their own factory. You can get models with both good CCA and Amp-hour storage. They cost a bit more, but are a fine battery. Like all AGM's, they can be used in environments with lots of vibration (off-roading), and also be installed on their sides.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
The battery in my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee goes under the passenger seat. I don't know which brand I'll get, but it'll almost certainly be an AGM battery.

I think my TrailBlazer had an Optima YellowTop. The place I've been buying all my batteries saw that and commented "That's a really good battery. It'll be expensive to replace."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
The best battery I've ever had was a Sears Diehard Platinum made by Odyssey. But batteries are commodities, and my advice is to buy a decent one and replace it in 3 years.

I just bought an Interstate at Costco yesterday for my old Tahoe that doesn't get driven that much. Around $80 for 800 CCA. But I don't think Interstate is anything special and would not pay high dollars for one.

Buy an $80 battery and replace it in 3 years. That's less than $3/month. I don't know why everybody waits for a battery to die to replace it.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Interstates are no better than any other battery. They rely on marketing. I use either Walmart or rebadged Deka from our local battery shop.

Posts: 8273 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
The battery in my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee goes under the passenger seat. I don't know which brand I'll get, but it'll almost certainly be an AGM battery.

You definitely don't want any acid out-gassing under the seat.

Posts: 27949 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Have an Optima red top in my 2003 Jeep Liberty. Maintenace/worry free and just works every time. Mount it and forget it. May be over priced but been real happy with it. Have only just over 50k miles on the '03 Jeep ... not sure if the Optima will outlast it or not LOL

Posts: 4698 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I have been hearing bad things about Optimas since Johnson Controls bought them and move production to Mexico. Those of you with older models that have lasted a long time are fortunate to have purchased a well-made product.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post