SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best Replacement Battery - Jeep Grand Cherokee
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Replacement Battery - Jeep Grand Cherokee Login/Join 
Picture of Ero
posted
Looks like I need to replace the battery in my wife's 2009 vehicle.

I don't mind paying a little extra to get a little extra. Any recommendations on a battery I should consider?

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Interstate from Costco, otherwise just get one at Walmart.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Get the one with the most cold cranking amps and longest warranty that still fits in the tray. Only a couple of manufacturers actually make batteries, then they put on the labeling for the individual retailer.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Interstate from Costco, otherwise just get one at Walmart.

Costco. When it goes bad during warranty, you get a new one. New batteries don’t last that long these days, mostly.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I've had pretty good luck with batteries from Walmart. The best part is that they are available 24/7, just about any day, anywhere in the country.

Once upon a time it was a pretty much no questions asked policy. Now they've been cracking down and actually testing any returned batteries to make sure they are not working properly.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15717 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for a Walmart everstart max, like said get the highest cold cranking amps that you can. The warranty is good at any Walmart, we don't have a Costco where I live, but I have seen Walmart where ever I travel.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did a lot of looking for both my vehicles based on CCA, warranty and price. To that end the last two batteries I bought were Farm & Fleet house brand and purchased on sale.

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Just got a Duracell from Batteries Plus, 5 year warranty and 100 CCA more than the previous one, a 10 year old Interstate.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sunburn,

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1088 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
I always go with Interstate from Costco.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
If you are a AAA member, they will deliver and install a battery at a reasonable price. And it's then covered 24/7 for the duration of the warranty. They just deliver another if something goes wrong.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
I bought an Everstart at WalMart and installed it in my Jeep Wrangler about 5 years ago. Zero problems. It cost just under $100 back then.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sunburn:
Just got a Duracell from Batteries Plus, 5 year warranty and 100 CCA more than the previous one.

Duracell is the same as Deka.

This would be my choice.

I bought a AGM battery for the bike from BP and they had good prices, service and they had it in stock (hard to find model).

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
I've had pretty good luck with batteries from Walmart. The best part is that they are available 24/7, just about any day, anywhere in the country.

Once upon a time it was a pretty much no questions asked policy. Now they've been cracking down and actually testing any returned batteries to make sure they are not working properly.

Plus their are pretty highly rated by Consumer Reports too.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
I vote Interstate batteries. They've done well for me in many sub-zero Wisconsin winters.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ptruck:
I vote Interstate batteries. They've done well for me in many sub-zero Wisconsin winters.

I agree. Interstate are good batteries.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Napa Gold has always worked well for me.

Posts: 602 | Location: NW Pa. USA | Registered: January 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty much only 3 or 4 manufacturers in the US. Iirc

Exide
Johnson Controls
Delco
Interstate

All sub branded from there for the most part

Guess lots depends on what’s imported

http://jgdarden.com/batteryfaq/batbrand.htm#J

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
No idea who makes the batteries for Orschelins but I have their batteries in all of my vehicles, tractor and side by side. Their top tier ones are reasonably priced and they offer up $15 off pretty much all the time in our local flyers.

The one in my truck has 800 CCA. It's been in my truck for three years now and it has been rock solid in any kind of weather. With the discount, I think I gave around 90 bucks.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Interstate battery in both my 2011 Venza and 1997 Corolla. Bought them at the Interstate store...don't have a Costco membership.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I replaced my oem with Walmart maxx everstart so far so good...

Posts: 29 | Registered: March 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post