SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Welcome To Medicare's Open Season: Your Head Is About To Explode
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Welcome To Medicare's Open Season: Your Head Is About To Explode Login/Join 
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:
If you have just turned 65, you need to enroll in Part A, even if you still are working and have insurance through your job.

I just turned 67, am working full time and have coverage through my employer. I have not signed up for any sort of medicare.

We went to a seminar and they recommended signing up at 65 otherwise the will be a penalty paid every year once you do sign up. You might want to check it out.

That’s not quite accurate. If you still have creditable medical and/or drug coverage (parts B and D) from another source (employer/spouse/VA etc) you can delay enrollment without being assessed a late enrollment penalty.

The penalty(s) tie to your eligibility and/or effective dates and how long you have gone without creditable coverage.

If you are still working and have employer coverage talk to your benefits counselor.

Posts: 1603 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post