SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    WANTED: Photo Editing Software...on the cheap
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WANTED: Photo Editing Software...on the cheap Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted
Before I recently upgraded my office system to Windows 10, I was using a fairly inexpensive software program to do some pretty simple photo editing...LView Pro. Unfortunately I've misplaced the license code/key to re-activate it on my new system and I've sent 2 e-mails to the company with no response.

I'll give the company another week to respond, but calculating I won't hear jack-squat, what are some recommendations for photo editing software that won't break the bank? I don't need anything as expensive, elaborate, and detailed as Adobe Photoshop...just looking to spend $25-$30 on something that allows cropping and color touch-ups.

Thanks!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Is free okay?

Irfanview

Plugins

Just go slow and select the compatible plugins.

Enjoy.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One True IcePick
Picture of eyrich
posted Hide Post

Posts: 859 | Location: IL | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In 2017 the owner of Lview Pro made it Freeware. Go to the web site for Lview and download it. Wont cost you a dime and you already know how to use it.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LightRoom.

On the cheap, if you are not making huge prints, Google Phots has decent lighting and color adjustments.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Check out Affinity. Very comprehensive yet inexpensive.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Ah...I did not know that, Scooter. Thanks!!

And thanks for the other replies. If I need something other than Lview, that gives me something to go on...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eyrich:
The Gimp

https://www.gimp.org/
^^^This.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
fastone.org

FastStone Image Viewer 7.4 Freeware (Last Update: 2019-08-28)

An image browser, converter and editor that supports all major graphic formats including BMP, JPEG, JPEG 2000, GIF, PNG, PCX, TIFF, WMF, ICO, TGA and camera raw files. It has a nice array of features such as image viewing, management, comparison, red-eye removal, emailing, resizing, cropping, color adjustments, musical slideshow and much more.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
darktable 3.0 is a free application very much like lightroom. It's extremely powerful with a bit of a learning curve. There are many tutorials on youtube and an extensive manual.

Posts: 2366 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Gimp

Posts: 4698 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
Check out Affinity. Very comprehensive yet inexpensive.
Affinity Photo is also my suggestion.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Before I recently upgraded my office system to Windows 10, I was using a fairly inexpensive software program to do some pretty simple photo editing...LView Pro. Unfortunately I've misplaced the license code/key to re-activate it on my new system and I've sent 2 e-mails to the company with no response.

I'll give the company another week to respond, but calculating I won't hear jack-squat, what are some recommendations for photo editing software that won't break the bank? I don't need anything as expensive, elaborate, and detailed as Adobe Photoshop...just looking to spend $25-$30 on something that allows cropping and color touch-ups.

Thanks!!

I just went to their website > LINK
Quote from THEIR site:
"Payment of a license fee is no longer required for the use of LView Pro 2006.
The license ID 486-434-128-136 activates a copy of LView Pro 2006."

I don't know much about this particular software but if this is yours - looks like you are back in business.

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post