SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gettysburg long ago
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gettysburg long ago Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We went there twice, first time on our Honeymoon in '86 and again in 88. I knew some about the battle, but it was really an eyeopener to stand on the fields where the battle happened,

Back in those days (not sure about now) you could take a tour. go by yourself or, as we did, hire a guide who rode in our vehicle and showed us the battlefield.

My wife, who is very well educated but not particularly fond of history was facinated and loved the whole area (of course she grew up not too far from there and had been there multiple times).

If you haven't been there, and have the chance, I think you'll really like it. I noticed everyone sorts spoke softly and respectfully, like in a Church. And the place sure had that sacred feel to it.

Bob

Posts: 1557 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:

Glad to see you back around Doc H.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1360 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:

Glad to see you back around Doc H.

Glad to be back around. Smile

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 11TH PA Vol Infantry has special significance to our family history along with the Pennsylvania Monument.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post