SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does Anyone Know Cannabis Law in Texas?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Anyone Know Cannabis Law in Texas? Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Popular High-CBD Low-THC strains in Colorado are:

* The Wife
* Harlequin
* Darkstar
* Pre-98 Bubba Kush (CBD variety)

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I am looking into CBD oil from hemp since that is the only thing right now that would be legal in Texas and see if that helps her any.

Apparently the oil that will be legal in Texas must be high CBD and low THC, but it is still a ways away from people actually being able to get it.

Right now I ordered her Oregano Oil as it is supposed to be good for respiratory problems.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
If you are interested in Essential Oils, Dr Axe specializes in essential oils:

https://draxe.com/essential-oils-guide/

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
If you are interested in Essential Oils, Dr Axe specializes in essential oils:

https://draxe.com/essential-oils-guide/

Cool, thank you. I will take all the info I can get.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know if it is available in Texas, but Hospice was a Godsend at the end of both my Mother and Father.

My Mom dealt with my Dad during end of life, and could not say enough good things about Hospice.

With my Mom, it was on me, and I can say they were Angels! They provided what was needed to help her through the tough times, and beyond.

I don't envy you as it is a tough road to hoe, but accept help where you can get it, because it is tough.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
A weekend trip to Colorado would enable y'all to visit a few Denver/Front Range Dispensaries that service Recreational customers and pick up some of each of their CBD Oils to try out while you're here. Like a few little Eye Dropper sized containers with a single Fluid Ounce in each, of different strains. All of these will be *almost* what Texas will offer, but here the ones you'll find will contain upwards of 2% THC and 15%+ of CBD.

It seems most (beyond the Texas Lawmakers and others not deeply involved in CBD research, such as it is at this juncture) think the most effective ones are the ones with a touch of THC, analogous, I think, to the addition of a stimulant like Caffeine in Tylenol vs straight Aspirin which has no stimulant added, so rather than breed for near-0% THC the cutting edge people are looking for 1-2% THC, my friends in the business tell me.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
Don't know if it is available in Texas, but Hospice was a Godsend at the end of both my Mother and Father.

My Mom dealt with my Dad during end of life, and could not say enough good things about Hospice.

With my Mom, it was on me, and I can say they were Angels! They provided what was needed to help her through the tough times, and beyond.

I don't envy you as it is a tough road to hoe, but accept help where you can get it, because it is tough.

I will definitely take help where I can get it, and am trying to help my mom. My dad died 1.5 years ago from a stroke and it was a terrible 6 months in several nursing homes until he passed away. My mom did the best she could through this and has stayed healthy. I go over every weekend to help her with things and she has been good until this severe bronchitis and it is horrible to see her this way. It reminds me of seeing my dad before he passed.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
A weekend trip to Colorado would enable y'all to visit a few Denver/Front Range Dispensaries that service Recreational customers and pick up some of each of their CBD Oils to try out while you're here. Like a few little Eye Dropper sized containers with a single Fluid Ounce in each, of different strains. All of these will be *almost* what Texas will offer, but here the ones you'll find will contain upwards of 2% THC and 15%+ of CBD.

It seems most (beyond the Texas Lawmakers and others not deeply involved in CBD research, such as it is at this juncture) think the most effective ones are the ones with a touch of THC, analogous, I think, to the addition of a stimulant like Caffeine in Tylenol vs straight Aspirin which has no stimulant added, so rather than breed for near-0% THC the cutting edge people are looking for 1-2% THC, my friends in the business tell me.

I am going to talk to my mom about doing this.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
It makes me so mad that the fact marijuana helps people, but so many governments do not accept this. There are so many variations that may help one person and not another, but not every state leaves it open to doctors to try all options.

People like my mom are not out to get “high”, they need help which this plant offers. Sadly our government is stuck in the old past saying marijuana is so horrible and a gateway drug. I don’t understand why we don’t get past this, but yet I do.

posted Hide Post
Reach out to Dr. Cohen about low THC oil legal in every state. Mrs. Dresden sees him. Dr. Joe Cohen - Boulder His retail outfit is Holos Health. It's not a cannabis dispensary it's a medical practice.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Yeah, CBD aside, a strong regular edible of a heavy Indica will put your ass out, in many cases, in the form of a sudden and perhaps unavoidable desire to nap... They don't call those varieties "Couch Lock" for nothing, and edibles can make the heavy, sleepy, "body high", aspect even more intensified. This is what most people think of when they think of how "stoned" people act and look.

It all varies per person and strain, mind you, but a heavy Indica does seem to do that sort of thing for a bunch of folks, and there are oodles of strong Indica varieties, with most Dispensaries almost always having one or more in stock.

Still, it *really* does vary per person and strain, and while Indicas *tend* a certain way (heavy, more liquor or depressant-like), and Sativas conversely *tend* toward a more stimulant-y direction, there are always exceptions, and it still takes trial and error to find one that suits a given person's wants and/or needs, and (insert strain) grown by person A may end up quite different from the supposedly same one grown by person B, whether by gardening skills or nutrient choices or by superior/inferior genetics, and so on.

One day, when full academic research can begin in earnest at many facilities, maybe they'll know a bunch more about these nuances.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Weed is illegal in Texas. However, the Harris County DA moves people arrested with small quantities into diversion programs.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
I am a very law abiding citizen, haven't touched the stuff in over 28 years. However, I will leave this quote that I accept

quote:
I will accept any rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

What are they going to do, throw the book at her?

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post