SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today is National Vietnam War Veterans Day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today is National Vietnam War Veterans Day Login/Join 
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted
I had not heard about this until today, but on March 28, 2017, President Donald J. Trump signed the Vietnam War Veterans Recognition Act of 2017. This act officially recognizes March 29 to be National Vietnam War Veterans Day.

Did you all know about this?

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
First heard about it yesterday.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16210 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loved those Texas
one room schools
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of our veterans for their service.

Jim

"Louis was furious with the sharks. He thought they had an understanding: The men would stay out of the sharks' turf - the water - and the sharks would stay off theirs - the raft...If the sharks were going to try to eat him, he was going to try to eat them." From Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Posts: 1862 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Welcome back to the world.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I will let a fellow Viet Vet know as well.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I didn't know about it until this afternoon. I was at Little Rock AFB and the Exchange was giving out cake and coffee and a pin for lapel or hat. Tee shirts don't have lapels so i didn't take a pin.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I just learned about it today on the local evening news.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
I never heard of it until now. Too late to take the day off I guess Smile

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent. Very good to see. My town has an exact 1/2 sized marble replica of the Vietnam Wall. They had a large ceremony this afternoon for all the Vietnam vets.

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Welcome home!

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Coincidentaly, we will have a Vietnam Vet, a Navy Captain, speak to our Cubs at Pack Meeting next week.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ragnar
posted Hide Post
Went to the Dayton,OH V.A. Didn't know about it until they started handing out Vietnam Vet pins.

Live every day as if it is your last, for one day you’re sure to be right

Posts: 752 | Location: Historic Southpark, Dayton Ohio | Registered: October 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the quietest learning experience that I have encountered was when I visited the V.N. memorial wall , I thought it would be interesting.

it turned out to be much more.
the names, the people and the overwhelming sense
of loss and emptiness.

they all deserve much, much more

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
the quietest learning experience that I have encountered was when I visited the V.N. memorial wall , I thought it would be interesting.

it turned out to be much more.
the names, the people and the overwhelming sense
of loss and emptiness.

they all deserve much, much more

I was in the Army Reserves during Vietnam (never activated), visited the Wall once, looked up a few names of those I knew. Very humbling.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
I've been to The Wall, which pretty much everyone knows about, but there is a fantastic memorial in Angel Fire NM that is worth a visit if you get a chance, especially on Memorial Day.

https://www.vietnamveteransmemorial.org/

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Thank you. And Semper Fi to Richard Allen Fitts.
My inspiration.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was an event on the Rock Island Arsenal:

http://wqad.com/2018/03/29/loc...for-their-sacrifice/

I did not attend, I'm a Viet Nam era vet but did not serve IN Viet Nam.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post