SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Snowed in Austin, TX!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snowed in Austin, TX!!! Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted
Ok, for many of you snow is no big deal and a nuisance. Here in Central Texas it is something rare. We got a little snow tonight and it was nice to see as I haven’t seen it for probably 20 years. The last time it snowed in Austin I was in another state and missed it.

And my miniature snowman.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
We call that heavy frost where I grew up. Wink Razz

Posts: 12461 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Yeah we get excited if we see snow of any amount here.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Snowing and sleeting N of Houston 35 degrees.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
The snow was terrible for driving home. Several times I was driving by 'tail lights, logic, and luck'. Average speed, 9.4 mph. Now that I am home its time to celebrate not being wrecked by getting wrecked. Well, getting mellow with some Ardbeg and Seven Samurai.

The snow is an heck of surprise. No forecast on KLBJ/WOAI. And the accumulation on the parked cars in my area is 3~4 inches. Dayumn.

Did you buy that absinthe?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Yeah the snowflakes were huge. I guess that is the only reason they were making it to the ground here in Austin with it being 40 degrees.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Some light freezing rain here in N Houston.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15289 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Few flurries being reported in NW Houston. Dry here though.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ready for it, I see:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9147 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Ready for it, I see:

Lol!

Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Ready for it, I see:

Needs some Stars and Bars. Just to make heads explode.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Apparently, as rare as a MN Senator resigning, I suspect. Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Woke up this morning and it's snowing here south of Houston. Last time I think that happened was 2004.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
My sister got some snow in Pensacola Florida. She had that happens about once a decade.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You don't say....
Snowed yesterday. Will today. Will for the next five days.
It was 50 last week.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
Bread, milk, batteries. HURRY!

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Polar For Tex. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
My sister just sent me text pics from Red Stick, LA. Good coverage.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
You don't say....
Snowed yesterday. Will today. Will for the next five days.
It was 50 last week.

You don't say....

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the eggs....you guys have got alot of French Toast to make Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by BigWhup:
Bread, milk, batteries. HURRY!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post