SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Latest Car Build - 1000hp of 'Merica W/ bonus Bentley Content for good measure
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Latest Car Build - 1000hp of 'Merica W/ bonus Bentley Content for good measure Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I drove a 2007 z06 when it was new. It was a monster in factory trim with no modifications at 90 mph in 4th gear it would just break the tires loose it had so much power. I couldn't even begin to imagine one with double the horsepower.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Nicely done, cmr076.
That Corvette has a light flywheel (if it's a manual trans), judging by how quick it goes up and down the rev range.
Music.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
I drove a 2007 z06 when it was new. It was a monster in factory trim with no modifications at 90 mph in 4th gear it would just break the tires loose it had so much power. I couldn't even begin to imagine one with double the horsepower.

totally agree. Theya re a handful!

quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
Nicely done, cmr076.
That Corvette has a light flywheel (if it's a manual trans), judging by how quick it goes up and down the rev range.
Music.

It's actually an 8 speed auto.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Can you get in a couple Dodge Vipers sone time and post them up?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you get the car to hook at all on the street??? Seems like even with drag radials it would just blow out the tires at just about any speed.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
It's actually an 8 speed auto.

Then that's just offensive.
In a good way.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by MooneyP226:
That's a badass ride and a beautiful car.

PLEASE tell me you changed out the round tips for angular ones?

I can't tell from the vid.

Or is there a reason the exhaust tips are round while everything but the tires is hard angles?

I still can't fathom why the engineers left them round.

I am with you 100%. I can't stand the look of the factory exhaust on these beauties.

I would imagine that it bothers most mustang owners, in that is the angle you'll see most often Big Grin

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by MooneyP226:
That's a badass ride and a beautiful car.

PLEASE tell me you changed out the round tips for angular ones?

I can't tell from the vid.

Or is there a reason the exhaust tips are round while everything but the tires is hard angles?

I still can't fathom why the engineers left them round.

I am with you 100%. I can't stand the look of the factory exhaust on these beauties.

I would imagine that it bothers most mustang owners, in that is the angle you'll see most often Big Grin

Clever!!
Though I bet if I spent the coin on the Mustang they do on a Corvette I could be just as fast if not faster.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Can you make my 2006 Lexus RX330 sound like that? I think I could survive on 500 hp.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Nice build. I have loved Corvettes since I was a kid. I am on my fifth one now. Since you brought up the Corvette subject.... I just sold a '09 Z06 which I loved to drive. They are very light and very fast in stock trim. But some tuning and the right parts can make them crazy fast. Anyway I hope you don't mind me posting my latest. It's a Callaway SC606 2012 Grand Sport Centennial convertible. Just got it and getting used to the torque monster. It's fun though. Quick photo with the top down. Big Grin

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2757 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Giddy up.....and hold on whew sweet build.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post