New
Find
Notify
Tools

Late Show Pap Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
So I'm sitting here trying to help with an issue a couple people are having with their Silicon Dust HDHomeRun setups. This help necessitated having to watch the entirety of the opening monologue of The Late Show With Steven Colbert. Yes: That, specifically.

Holy tamole! How can anybody with two functioning neurons to rub together watch that pap? Two episodes, June 25 and 26. All it was was one long string of vitriol-laden Trump-bashing. I feel stupider just for having kind of half-way listened to the monologue at a very low volume level. (Was looking for pauses, freezes, jumps, etc.)

Hoping my brain hunt-downs and kills the brain cells that registered it so they don't infect the others.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
My liberal co-worker will sometimes have that shit on the office T.V. if its a slow night.

How that half a sissy Colbert stays on the air is beyond me. VERY irritating. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Think Colbert is bad? Try Seth Meyers.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I was stuck in a hotel somewhere on work right before Brexit and ended up on the Late Show for some unknown reason.

He gave a condescending diatribe about when Britain shouldn’t leave he EU and all your typical blather about such things.

It was so rich to see them vote for Brexit shortly thereafter.

Never watched him again, or the rest of his impotent ilk.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
They would have to tie me down and pin open my eyes like Alex in "A Clockwork Orange" to watch more than the 3 seconds it takes to switch from the nightly local news to ANY other channel.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any particular issue with the HDHomerun equipment. I've had a couple of their devices along the way.

Posts: 2772 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
Any particular issue with the HDHomerun equipment.

Not IME.

The apps have a couple minor annoyance bugs, and neither apps nor record engine are very refined, but what you need is there (or, at least, what we need) and the tuners work well.

(Sometimes too well. The front-ends of their Connect and Connect Quatro are very sensitive ["hot," in radio-ese], so they're easy to overload. Easy to fix with an inexpensive in-line attenuator, if you realize that's what's happening. OTOH: They'll sometimes pull in stuff other TV receivers will not.)

Mind you: This is from the perspective of somebody using the OTA tuners and either Android TV or Amazon Fire TV Silicon Dust apps. There are other options to use with their hardware if one finds SD's software unacceptable, though you have to pay for that stuff.

Right now SWMBO is evaluating SD's DVR'ing service, to see if it's suitable for her. If so: I'll be ordering 4 or 6TB of NAS to host the record engine. (Right now the record engine is running as a process on my Linux server for eval purposes.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post