SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to make a Roy Rogers hat demonstration.........
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to make a Roy Rogers hat demonstration......... Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
...by the man himself. The person that posted it made this statement:

This is a Rare Never seen before Video of Roy Rogers Showing how he makes or Blocks His own Hats with Dusty filming. Made around 1990. Sorry for the quality this was and old VHS tape and first few minutes of tape were bad. From original tape purchased from His Estate Auction.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Cool video thanks for posting.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I'm gonna stick with the Hoss Cartwright, though.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tap water on a white hat, he must have wonderful water .

pretty neat

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
That was wonderful! Resistol is my brand too. Roy Rogers and the Mercury Astronauts were my childhood heroes.

It never occurred to me to just stick a new hat in the shower, obviously, he's shaped more than a few. I always use a tea kettle.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I will admit it too ... Roy Rogers was a childhood hero to me. Cool

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful man.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I don't know where you'd get an open crown Resistol any more. That is some good quality felt to be that supple.

Cowboy hats now from the big makers are all pre-creased, and have tons of sizing in them. You can tweak the shape with steam, but you reshaping them entirely is damn near impossible.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That seems like an awful lot of work just to get fancy creases in your hat!

But I am a stocking cap kind of guy, so maybe I am just too "crude". Smile

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I don't know where you'd get an open crown Resistol any more. That is some good quality felt to be that supple.

Cowboy hats now from the big makers are all pre-creased, and have tons of sizing in them. You can tweak the shape with steam, but you reshaping them entirely is damn near impossible.

Order a 20X, they are commonly available open crown.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HA!
I see I'm not the only one who's reshaped cowboy hats by wetting them in the shower and putting them on a folded up towel to dry!!
Really surprising and neat!

Posts: 306 | Location: Nevada | Registered: May 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
When you're Roy Rogers you can probably pull a few strings. Wink

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Great video of my childhood hero thanks!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that. Loved the demo and then "Happy Trails". I wonder how many times I heard him say or sing that.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the video.
Who knew Roy Rogers was also a milliner?

Might need to make another visit to the Resistol factory outlet in Garland one of these days.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always liked Roy...think his real name was Sleigh?
I also think he was from Ohio?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post