SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LEO survival story-Federal HST
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LEO survival story-Federal HST Login/Join 
Smarter than the
average bear
posted
I just got a link to this in an email from Federal. I think it's a great testament to the will of this man to fight and survive, but I honestly don't think it says much about the ammo used:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...n=hst-saved-his-life

Posts: 3425 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
incredible

hats off to him and his will to fight and survive

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Sig 226 Navy!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quite a fight. In the front seat of a patrol car, no less.
Never underestimate an edged weapon.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Wow ...
I hope the bad guys once again start understanding it doesn't pay to hurt a leo.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Sig 226 Navy!

Oh yeah!

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
I just got a link to this in an email from Federal. I think it's a great testament to the will of this man to fight and survive, but I honestly don't think it says much about the ammo used:

Yeah, I'll bet any round (even FMJ) that close, going from the neck/jaw up and through the brain, would have taken the maggot out instantaneously.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Incredible survival story - losing more than 5 pints of blood.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 119 | Location: Missouri | Registered: August 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
4 thoughts.

1-He could have plugged him with a Browning Buckmark with Velociter’s and likely had the same effect. Not that HST isn’t darn fine ammo.

2-I have been stabbed......by my own hand and the amount of blood loss is AMAZING and it flows FAST. So I believe the 5 pints and look at his car....it’s amazing he was as functional as he was.

3-I am not sure if I am more amazed at his resolve during the fight or his resolve right after...and then subsequently getting back in the saddle. The actual fight is a “IMA KILL THIS MOTHERFUCKER RIGHT BACK!!” Moment and frankly I get that. It’s the after where he states Calvary is on the way and I’m gonna be fine is where I gotta give props because that’s when the blood loss is kicking in and the adrenaline is waining. That is when I would have been...”Well shit I’m gonna die.” Going back on the job is just big brass ones and really shows his grit.....far far far beyond mine.

4-We are Gun folks but don’t you ever, ever not respect what a blade can do close quarters.

Dude is a fighter and a bad ass and regular dude....which makes him more of a bad ass.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazing story.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
What a good guy. Amazing story. Thanks for sharing.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
My Department has been carrying HST since they came out. First, in our Glock 23s (180gr) and now in Glock 17Gen5s (147gr.)

We are a small Department, and I've investigated two OIS incidents involving the .40 HST ammo. It performs.

Thankfully, we've not yet had firsthand experience with the 9mm load. But I have no doubt it will work just as well.

Thank you for sharing this survival story. I'd not heard it before.

Posts: 1620 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great story - that's one tough SOB.

Sorry to hijack, but is HST available to the public or is it "Law Enforcement Only" ? I know when I bought my Winchester Ranger ammo, the only place I could find it was MAH Supplies.

MDS

Posts: 375 | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
It's available to the public.

Federal tactical pistol ammo has the hst bullet.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020977054

9mm
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101843872

9mm
https://www.ammunitiondepot.co...-grain-p-hst-hp.html

Not meant as a plug for midway, just to illustrate some of the options for ge5ing the hst bullet.

My agency issues it for carry, it's primo stuff in every caliber.

My bedside gun is a suppressed sbr .40 carbine loaded with a 30rnd mag of federal tactical.

I already have a maddening level of tinnitus and am pretty much terrified of it ever getting any worse.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^

Thank you

posted Hide Post
Not pushing blame on anyone. Whole thing was a fight for survival.

From the pictures, did the Sig fail to feed the second round?

Or a failure to eject?

Rumor has it that Gastons G-26 did the same thing after 1 or two rounds when he was attacked.

Just curious.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Harley - go to BangBangBoutique for recent info

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...3106699/m/6420036954

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered yesterday from MidwayUSA - thanks for the tip - added to the premier ammo collection Wink

MDS

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:

Or a failure to eject?

Rumor has it that Gastons G-26 did the same thing after 1 or two rounds when he was attacked.

Just curious.

Just a wag, but if he jammed the Sig hard up under his chin and fired, the Sig probably could not cycle properly if it did one of the things you suggested. Again, just a guess

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:

Or a failure to eject?

Just curious.

Just a wag, but if he jammed the Sig hard up under his chin and fired, the Sig probably could not cycle properly if it did one of the things you suggested. Again, just a guess

Could also be due to limp wristing from a weakened grip from being injured/slippery with blood.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post