SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    JALLEN’s Ammo Inventory - Update on Page 3
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JALLEN’s Ammo Inventory - Update on Page 3 Login/Join 
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
God Bless you for being there for them StorminNormin. Without more knowledge of what was involved in the Cabelas exchange hard to tell how they were treated but I'll leave that aside as my own interactions with them in the past have not been great and I have not bought anything from them for years and years. I do not expect that to change any time soon either.

Thanks for posting about the ammo too.

JALLEN gave us all a wonderful gift. His friendship, knowledge, and pointed remarks and humor. That and more we will all fondly remember about him and he will forever live on in this community and with us individually. I suspect there will be no shortage of fond recollections, humorous references, knowledge shared by him, and the thoughtfulness of his person and character shared by many of us here for many years to come, both on the forum and in real life.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a HUGE fan of Jallen and I am certainly not sticking up for Cabelas and I think it is fine that you are helping the family. However, perhaps it should be determined what was actually sold for the $500 before bad mouthing Cabelas. I certainly agree that $500 dossn't buy much today as we all know.

Posts: 1496 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Based on the ammo inventory, It would seem he had a 9mm pistol, a revolver, a shotgun and an AR. Assuming his wife kept one of the handguns, 500 for the other 3 might not be abhorrent.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for doing this. True SF spirit.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
I really wish I could have sold the firearms for her and would have done it here. During my last visit with Jim before he passed away he was asking me about me trying to sell his firearms, but Martine wasn’t in the room and I didn’t expect him to pass away so soon. I didn’t want to ask Martine about selling them for her. I left it to be for her to contact me if she needed any help with anything. I am sure Cabela’s could tell her and his son did not know about firearms and took advantage of them, which is a shame.

It is utterly shocking that Cabela's would take advantage of them like that.

I would be utterly shocked if they actually did right by her and paid her fair prices. I bed those same guns they bought are currently for sale in their “library” for 200% markups

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Does JALLEN's wife need monies? If so, we should just pull together and collect monies for her. Sorry for being out of the loop (if someone has already suggested this) I have been traveling a lot as of late.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Stop on by Stormin'Norman's thread in the Classifieds, folks, there's still goodies worth having there.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Censored:
Does JALLEN's wife need monies? If so, we should just pull together and collect monies for her. Sorry for being out of the loop (if someone has already suggested this) I have been traveling a lot as of late.

I do not know if she “needs” money as I did not ask about her financial situation and she did not say. As far as I know she was just wanting help to get rid of things she no longer needed and asked for help so I wanted to get her the most I could. No matter what, she is definitely facing a reduced income with Jim gone even if it is just social security.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
So far I have collected $714 from the sale of JALLEN's ammo plus a contribution a member made without a purchase.

I have a total of $1,300 that has been committed to; just waiting on funds and then to ship. There are still plenty of items left so please check it out. The spotting scope is very nice! https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8950046054

I can't wait to surprise Martine with the money. She is going to be shocked that the ammo brought in this much money. I was going to just mail her a check when everything is sold, but now I think I will deliver it in person as I think she will enjoy the visit.

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I think it is awesome that she will receive more money from these items than she got for whatever guns that were sold.

StorminNormin thank you for taking the time to get this done..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Email sent.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I wanted to update that everything has sold and I will be getting the last packages shipped out tomorrow via UPS.

I want to thank everyone who purchased and paid great values. Martine will get $1,755! I hope to deliver the money to her on Monday!

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
That's great news!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
I wanted to update that everything has sold and I will be getting the last packages shipped out tomorrow via UPS.

I want to thank everyone who purchased and paid great values. Martine will get $1,755! I hope to deliver the money to her on Monday!

Good job to you to do this for her. Sort of like Santa's little helper. Smile

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
This is AWESOME...
So glad the forum members stepped up to help.

Thanks again StorminNormin for taking the time to get this done..

Merry Christmas everyone...

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I met with Martine this morning and gave her the money and she was beyond excited! She was very happy and asked me to tell everyone here just how much she appreciates you and she learns more and more just how much JALLEN was appreciated.

She is having some struggles as her bank put a hold on her account until she goes through probate. Not sure why a bank would do that. She asked if she would be able to log in to SigForum and I told her she could create an account or just log in and see if Jim's account is still logged in. So she said not to freak out if you see a post from him as it will be her.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for helping out. It's remarkable that something ethereal like an internet friend could mean so much to so many.

Mitch

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
StorminNorman, let me add my personal thanks for stepping up and allowing SF friends to do their part, which of course they did!

What a (virtual) place—May I say what a virtuous place too. We all would be blessed to have “real”friends express their affection the way Jim’s “invisible” friends did.

God bless you all.
I do hope Martine logs in so we can let her know how much we thought of Jim.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for doing this.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I am honored to have done this. It is the type of thing that makes you feel good. She said no one has ever done something like this for her and I told her she has a very large extended family on SigForum who are always there for her. I will always help her in any way I can no matter what and made sure to know she knows that. She can call on me for anything.

I just can’t thank everyone enough for buying things at a price to help her. I don’t sell and ship online so I know my first shipping wasn’t the best as I left it up to the UPS employee to tape the boxes, but I learned from feedback and hopefully did a much better job on the second shipment.

Merry Christmas everyone.