SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody got a SPAM recipe?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody got a SPAM recipe? Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted
I'm feeling nostalgic and thinking about making something with SPAM to relive a part of my childhood. My mother used to fry up SPAM occasionally to put on bread as a sandwich. I'd like to do a bit better with my attempt. So what kind of recipe do you have for SPAM?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Pacific islanders take this SPAM shit seriously.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/EuqQfguh7R4

(Not really relevant, but I'd hit that narrator.)

Guess it's about bedtime for daddy and doggie. Come on, Merlot. Smile

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Not sure I'd go so far as to dignify this meal by calling it a "recipe"...but, for a down and dirty quick meal:

-Fry up a flour tortilla (size as you please, I like the large ones because they better hold the contents)

-Fry up a few thin slices of SPAM (pick your flavor, I've tried them all except the Teriyaki)

-Melt some cheese on the flour tortilla

-Fry up a couple eggs any style

-Add all the contents onto the tortilla

-Add a couple good shots of your favorite hot sauce

-Wrap up the contents inside the tortilla and eat the way you would a breakfast burrito or breakfast "wrap".

Nothing fancy but it's a fast, cheap meal that will knock the "hungries" out of you.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. Thinly slice Spam and fried into crunchy Spam bacon
2. Cook your choice of instan ramen
3. Add an egg or two, cooked the style you like
4. Place 1-2 slices of American cheese on top of the ramen while it is still very hot so the cheese will melt into a gooey consistency
5. Add the Spam
6. Garnish with cilantro, salt & pepper

Posts: 1039 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I go pretty simple with Spam. Thin slices baked crispy on German-baked pumpernickel toast. Raw onion, Thumann’s Düsseldorf mustard, and black pepper.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Bacon eggs sausage & Spam.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Spam in Mac-n-cheese with Hatch Chiles.

Instead of that crappy cheap in the box Mac-n-cheese, make it from scratch, use good cheese, and bake in the oven to give a nice crisp texture.

Good stuff Maynard!

Or you could try Spamghetti Carbonera, use your imagination on that one. I’ve never tried it, let me know how it worked out.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a link i found and i think its very interesting http://www.artofmanliness.com/...+Art+of+Manliness%29

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dice it up, serve with sautéed veg.

Dice it up, make it apart of an omelet.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking of making these- Spam Fries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxlmv9txJ-g

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I’m surprised that mbinky (Glorious SPAM!) hasn’t posted in this thread. But maybe he’s like me, and likes his Spam straight and simple.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sliced and fried.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I cube it and put it in my fried rice. Pretty good to me.

Or I’ll fry it and have it on white rice with some eggs over easy.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I think the OP is looking for a recipe on how to make spam (what’s inside the blue tin). Not what to make out of the stuff in the can.

This is one recipe that looks pretty close to the ingredients in the wife’s blue cans.

http://www.thewolfepit.com/201...ke-spam-at-home.html

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
How about Lobster Thermidor au Crevette with a Mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Open can, remove contents, slice contents, fry contents works pretty good.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Here is mine:
  • Buy can(s)
  • put on shelf in pantry
  • only open in dire emergency after all fresh food, frozen food, canned food, and MREs are gone. Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of az4783054
    posted Hide Post
    I still have vivid memories of Mom frying that stuff. I don't think there's any manner of preparation that would make it appealing to me.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Dances With
    Tornados
    posted Hide Post
    Spam recipe?

Simple. Just open a new AOL email address.

You’ll have spam out the wazoo.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post