Anybody got a SPAM recipe?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7750076164

October 06, 2019, 01:00 PM
bigdeal
Anybody got a SPAM recipe?
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
I think the OP is looking for a recipe on how to make spam (what’s inside the blue tin). Not what to make out of the stuff in the can.

This is one recipe that looks pretty close to the ingredients in the wife’s blue cans.

http://www.thewolfepit.com/201...ke-spam-at-home.html
No, actually I am trying to find recipes to make 'with' SPAM. Sorry if I was unclear about that.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter
October 06, 2019, 05:48 PM
RiCoShea
Shredded spam - I prefer the low sodium
Shredded cheese.
Just enough miracle whip to make it a spread
Spread it on buns
Broil the buns till cheese is melted
Eat and enjoy the meat sweats

The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them. -
Lois McMaster Bujold

"Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance."
--Sam Brown
October 06, 2019, 06:06 PM
GregY
I did something similar to that Spam taco video the other day. Except with corn tortillas, they were great.

Or dice it up fine, brown it in a skillet and add it to instant yakisoba. Ooh that's a treat.
October 06, 2019, 06:14 PM
mcrimm
I chocked down enough of this stuff while in the Navy to spoil me for life.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham
October 07, 2019, 12:00 AM
flashguy
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
Sliced and fried.
Yup. I then put the slices on toasted wheat bread with yellow mustard (French's). Yum!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
October 07, 2019, 01:14 AM
konata88
When used to eat it when I was younger, usually would make fried rice.

I wonder how it would be if diced, fried and then mixed in with ground beef to make hamburgers or meatloaf.

Or rendered in place of pancetta to make risotto or carbonara or cornmeal coated fried fish (a la Hemingway).

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
October 07, 2019, 01:21 AM
Tubetone
Not healthy.

Slice and fry low salt version.
Drizzle honey on Spam.
Let sit to resettle as glaze.
Place on bread with French's mustard.
Slice and enjoy.

Sometimes the old recipes with a twist are best. Ambrosia. Wink

Even "Jack In The Box" has Spam and Portuguese Sausage fried rice as a menu item around here. Delicious.

October 09, 2019, 05:58 PM
zoom6zoom
and if you actually want to make your own SPAM... adjust salt levels and flavors to your own liking.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.
October 09, 2019, 06:55 PM
DennisM
Grate SPAM. Pan-fry with diced onions. Allow to cool. Toss with mayonnaise and the mustard of your choice. Add shredded cheese. It's now deviled Spam. Add chopped hard-boiled egg and it's now deviled egg and Spam salad. Spread on sourdough toast. Enjoy.
October 09, 2019, 06:58 PM
x0225095
Cube spam and stuff it in rigatoni noodles.

Layer noodles in casserole dish with cheese and pasta sauce alternating layers.

Bake

Enjoy.

0:01
April 17, 2022, 09:32 PM
Pipe Smoker
quote:
Originally posted by Plasteek:
Here's a link i found and i think its very interesting http://www.artofmanliness.com/...+Art+of+Manliness%29

A snippet from your interesting article Plasteek:
“…
People tend to believe that Spam is made from leftover pig parts and chock full of artificial additives, but it’s actually downright wholesome compared to other processed foods; its only ingredients are pork shoulder, ham, salt, sugar, and some sodium nitrite. Eating fast food is definitely much worse for you than Spam.
…”

I fry two 3/8” slices of Hickory Smoke Spam quickly at high heat in an iron frying pan. Crispy outside, tender inside. Makes a great sandwich.

Serious about crackers
April 17, 2022, 10:16 PM
OKCGene
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
Sliced and fried.
Yup. I then put the slices on toasted wheat bread with yellow mustard (French's). Yum!

flashguy

I think I’ll try that and add sliced avocado.
April 18, 2022, 02:06 AM
medic451
Dice up spam, potatoes, and either brussel sprouts or squash/zuccini. Coat well with olive oil and seasoning of your choice- we use Mrs Dash for this one. Place on baking sheet and Bake at 375 for about 30 min or until potatoes are tender.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"
April 18, 2022, 12:50 PM
Edmond
You guys are fancy. I just slice it up, pan fry it, make some eggs over easy and eat on top of white rice. Get those runny eggs all over the rice and mix it up with the SPAM and that's good eating!

I will also cut SPAM into strips and cook in chicken broth with elbow macaroni, carrots, and peas. It's great for cold days.

April 18, 2022, 01:57 PM
P220 Smudge
I’m simply astounded that Mbinky has not posted in this thread.

April 18, 2022, 02:02 PM
Cookster
A fresh bagel lightly toasted and buttered, fried egg (salt & pepper), fried SPAM and cheese sammich hits the spot!

April 18, 2022, 02:29 PM
flashguy
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:
Open can, remove contents, slice contents, fry contents works pretty good.
Yep. My slices are about 1/8" thick, and I fry them in a cast iron skillet. Toast some wheat bread and make sandwiches with French's yellow mustard. One half-size can makes 3 sandwiches.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
April 18, 2022, 02:30 PM
SIGnified
Thanks fellas… Now I have that money python tune stuck in my head all day.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein
April 18, 2022, 03:02 PM
xl_target
My daughter and I usually take one multi-day backpack trip a year. Since we have to carry everything, we try to make our food packs really light.

There's nothing like a hot meal after a long day on the trail. Since they now sell SPAM individually sliced in foil pouches, its easy to make a RAMEN bomb. Just add hot water.
How to make a Ramen bomb
Everything tastes good on the trail, even SPAM.
April 18, 2022, 03:05 PM
ZSMICHAEL
I could never be that nostalgic. Bad memories and spam go together for me. Spam meant Dad was out of work. Fish sticks and oatmeal are next on the list.