SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mathematics is Racist!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mathematics is Racist! Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Apparently the current generation of illiterates the educational systems have churned out aren't dumb enough to be fully taken advantage of by the elites, so let's dumb the next group down a little more. Simple rule of thumb...if you can't do 'basic' math, you as a person are completely worthless to yourself and to society.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
“The important thing is to understand what you’re doing rather than to get the right answer.”

But if you don’t get the right answer can you really claim to understand what you are doing?

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Can't land on the moon by having answers which are anything but the right answer.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
“The important thing is to understand what you’re doing rather than to get the right answer.”

But if you don’t get the right answer can you really claim to understand what you are doing?

I hope you understand that Tom Lehrer, who was a one-time mathematics professor, was being satirical in that song.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
It is racist! Those darn East Asians are kicking our asses

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I mean, I gave up being surprised by what these people push down peoples throats a while back...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
Math is a white construct, honky.
Not so. Algebra came from the Arabs, Zero came from the Assyrians (I think). Most of the best mathematicians are Indian (real Indian).

That push by the Oregonians is just flat wrong.

The great majority of youths today can't do basic math. If the cash register didn't tell them what change to give they couldn't do it. (Some of them can't do it even then.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
It appears that "the woke" have progressed from well-intentioned fuzzy mindedness to full out insanity!

Posts: 6470 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Yup, let's have them remember this when these idiots program self-driving cars, program pace makers, plan shuttle trips from earth to space stations.

I can't wait to see how busy the NTSB will get investigating aviation accidents in Oregon....

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Well of course. If the narrative doesn't fit your agenda, just change the narrative. Result = Dumbed down generations that are easily controlled and manipulated. Just what the doctor ordered for the progressive left.

Being in my twilight years, I no longer worry much about situations 10 - 15 years out as far as my situation. I do however worry about my grand children and great grand children. I hope they are up to the task.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I hope you understand that Tom Lehrer, who was a one-time mathematics professor, was being satirical in that song.

Loved Lehrer's stuff.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:
Well Damn.... I just spent 2hrs last night working with my kids on getting the right answer AND showing your work.

I'm certainly headed to the re-education camps.

You will be sent back to Chicago. Pritzker and Lori have a special place for your re-education.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
So if I miscalculate and significantly underpay my Oregon state income taxes, and they demand more $$, they must be racist.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Just another underhanded way of lowering the standards so the underachievers can pass. Another method to dumb us down.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t let them go to a cashless society. I want to be able to say “I gave you a twenty for that $10.99 item, so you owe me $57.94 change” and have them believe it!

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Just another underhanded way of lowering the standards so the underachievers can pass. Another method to dumb us down.
It's a way of making a degree in science or engineering just as meaningless as a degree in wokeness. Even more meaningless really, because with a degree in wokeness studies you at least have a shot at a government job.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
So if I miscalculate and significantly underpay my Oregon state income taxes, and they demand more $$, they must be racist.

Why not? You make $100,000 and owe them 10%. Ten percent via my math comes to $28.42. Not important to show my work, and I feel strongly that my math is correct.

quote:
I want to be able to say “I gave you a twenty for that $10.99 item, so you owe me $57.94 change” and have them believe it!

You may be on to something. Sure! We'll give you $15.00 an hour minimum wage. You worked 40 hours this week, so that's $360!

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15717 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^ Your thinking makes good sense. Were you raised in Oregon? Wink

quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:

Social justice. I had an "underachiever" complain to the Dean that he wasn't passing my class (an "injustice"). He had poor attendance, wasn't doing his homework. The Dean told me to find a way to pass him. If any self-identified minority doesn't get the same GPA as the "norm", it is due to white racism (male).

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Loved Lehrer's stuff.
Me, too. I have 2 vinyl records of him singing his songs.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post