SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!! I'm going to Seatac!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!! I'm going to Seatac! Login/Join 
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
So moving up means moving around to larger and busier airports?

What is the progression? What is the biggest plumb?

And congrats. I may not understand why you are excited but I can certainly appreciate that you ARE excited...
Exactly. The FAA usually has a plan (to which they rarely follow) of having people start out and lower level facilities and work their way up. In the Pacific Northwest, Seatac Tower is the biggest and the best paying tower around.

To me it holds a bigger meaning. Ever since I can remember, aviation has always been a part of my life. When I was younger, my grandpa would take my brother and I to the Normandy Park DQ, get us blizzards and we would sit at the viewing park overlooking Seatac airport. He would quiz us on types and we loved every minute of it.

I started flying when I was 13 at Boeing Field. I soloed at S50(Auburn Muni). I decided in college that I didn't want to fly for a living. Much to my parents dismay, I chose a different path. I chose ATC. Before I ever got started in my career, I wanted Seatac. I watch that tower being built.

I found out early on that I am not a radar controller. They gave me a second chance with Paine, 55 miles away from where I lived, and I was eternally grateful. I drove 24,000 miles a year for 4 years just thankful to still have a good job that I loved. I got lucky and got picked up at Boeing Field. I knew the airspace. It was a kick in the pants ball of fun and will be for the next year until I go to Seatac. I don't know if Seatac will be where I retire but I have a feeling it could be.

The dream has come true for me. It has been over a decade since I decided that this is where I want to be and what I want to do with my life. I will bust my ass each and every day to make them glad they picked me up and make them wish they did it earlier!

I appreciate all the support and congrats!

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!!

shameless plug. I have a house in dea moines for sale.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
What is the difference between Seatac and Seattle Center?
Seattle Center is an ARTCC Air Route Traffic Control Center. They work a vast majority of airspace. Seatac Tower controls the pavement at the airport and the surrounding airspace under their jurisdiction. Towers have windows, Centers and Approach Controls don't. Big Grin

Congratulations. My son in law is US Army ATC, and he took me to see the approach control over the base's airspace.
No windows. At all.
Enjoy the new view, Phantom!

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Great news. Congratulations.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
That's GREAT! You must do good work to get picked up for such a busy zone!

Posts: 4811 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Could you maybe direct some of the traffic away from flying right over my house? Really harshes my mellow when I'm trying to get drunk and listen to Rush in the middle of the night.

Yeah, Phantom, after you take care of ASG, help a brother out and cease all traffic into or out of runway 01/19 at IAD. The traffic runs directly over the centerline of my house.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Awesome! I look forward to talking to you on the radio!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post