SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Greased Pigs Loosed Upon the USS John F. Kennedy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greased Pigs Loosed Upon the USS John F. Kennedy Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
I saw some crazy shit when I was on the Kennedy, but no greased pigs. That's a new one for me!

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"GET THEM FOUR LEGGED FOD HAZARDS OFF MY FLIGHT DECK!!!"

(and down to the mess deck)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Hehehe
That was awesome. The SAR winnabago left a parting gift.

That Helo had to be from a visiting squadron cause no one else was launching until they cuaght those pigs

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
So it's true! I heard about that when I was sentenced to the east coast in '89, but thought it was just a sea story from the Chief's Mess.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
lol,
we used to dip a cats paws in paint and turn 'em loose on other Coast Guard ships that were tied up along our pier....

and everyone used to paint over other ships name and re-name the ship...ie the "Tampa" became the Tampax....

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
I like that they painted the pigs red, white, and blue. Nice touch!

- Bret

Posts: 2465 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Red White and Blue.

(USS) 'merica...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
When the video stopped playing for me, one of the recommended videos to watch next was a recipe for shrimp and pork.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

As I recall, the greased pigs were painted red, white, and blue because they were delivered by a helo from the USS America. The USS Kennedy was either replacing, or being replaced by the USS America on patrol in the Mediterranean.

I never heard if the USS Kennedy ever returned the favor, but if they did I'm sure the greased pigs would have been painted blond, wearing red lipstick, and a white dress like the one Marilyn Monroe wore in the movie Seven Year Itch! Big Grin

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sleepla8er:

As I recall, the greased pigs were painted red, white, and blue because they were delivered by a helo from the USS America. The USS Kennedy was either replacing, or being replaced by the USS America on patrol in the Mediterranean.

I never heard if the USS Kennedy ever returned the favor, but if they did I'm sure the greased pigs would have been painted blond, wearing red lipstick, and a white dress like the one Marilyn Monroe wore in the movie Seven Year Itch! Big Grin

I was in that battle group, the JFK was replacing the America. I don't believe the favor was ever returned.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I guess the crew couldn't have shore leave...

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post