SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Students Fear Chick-Fil-A Might Spark Microaggressions
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Students Fear Chick-Fil-A Might Spark Microaggressions Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Inspired by this reductio ad absurdum antic, I made a point to stop in at Chic-Fil-A for lunch today while out running errands. Very nice, clean, greeted by every employee I dealt with, polite, courteous, helpful. Pretty decent sandwich and waffle fries, too.

Take that, you snowflakes!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
The complete irony here is that these snowflakes could learn volumes of life lessons from Dan Cathy. Period.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Wonder WHEN someone will finally tell these little whiners to nut up and deal with life?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
In honor of these morons, my team is enjoying three trays of Chikn Bites this morning!!

MMMMMMM!!! Damn I can taste the hate! The micro aggression just adds so much damn flavor, I just feel like running out and oppressing someone!!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Bring back coleslaw and everything will be ok.

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
The complete irony here is that these snowflakes could learn volumes of life lessons from Dan Cathy. Period.

Maybe another irony. Seems the more the snowflakes moan about Chick-Fil-A, the more Chick's revenues go up.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Only if they run outta nuggets!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I've always wondered this....

Microaggression, is that like pissed off bacteria? An amoeba that's a bully?

I learned about microaggression last fall in the annual college faculty opening seminar. All white males are guilty of microaggression (latent discrimination) against everyone who is not a white male, which latter group are all victims, and are all entitled to preferential treatment. Most white males are not aware of their microaggression, which makes the problem worse.

Any other questions?

I never heard the term "microagression" until perhaps six months ago. I thought college was the place to be exposed to alternative views, and to learn to intelligently debate the ones you did not agree with. To learn how to make a case for what you believe in...ie to DEBATE. If kids are taught to be "offended" by any alternative views and to wall them off, they will never learn how to win arguments and to survive in the real world.

It is dog-eat-dog out here, and they better learn how to deal with adversity. Those that retreat to "safe spaces" will get their asses kicked. They will never learn to be leaders.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
Bring back coleslaw and everything will be ok.

No kidding. Talk about a damned microagression!

Telling me that your kale & broccoli shreds are somehow an equivalent side? Hell, I mowed 5 acres over the weekend and have enough of that shit to last for years. The horses like it. Me? Not so much.

They need to bring back the damned cole slaw. And the carrot & raisin salad while they're at it!

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Delicious, southern-fried microaggression

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
the snowflakes need to be fucked - badly

crater their grades, fail them out, make them miserable in every aspect of their miserable pathetic little lives

protest their very existence

Way too much work. Just throw them out.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They've started construction (framing) on the Chick-Fil-A within 10 minutes of my house in the little town I live in. I'm looking forward to curbing my micro-aggressions with waffle fries and a chicken sandwich.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
quote:
“Chick-fil-A has a questionable history on civil rights and human rights,”

They don't have any record on either. They are a restaurant.

What a monumentally retarded thing to say.

Sadly, this whole crap issue has nothing to do with Chick-Fil-A. This issue was covered by media long ago. The company has no policy regarding anything other than serving a good meal at a good price.

The issue is/was about the personal beliefs of the family that started and owns the company.

Typical US college "student" who thinks that whatever their personal hot topic of the day is really important to everybody else. And they do not mind destroying other people or companies in the process.

That whole bunch of snowflake idiots needs to be summarily EXPELLED from the school! They obviously have not actually learned anything remotely associated with a college program.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Students fear: Everything

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forgive me forum for I have performed an egregious act of microaggression this very morning: Chicken mini's with hash browns......

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Al Capp had it right ~50 years ago:

Students Wildly Indignant about Nearly Everything

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post