SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Students Fear Chick-Fil-A Might Spark Microaggressions
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Students Fear Chick-Fil-A Might Spark Microaggressions Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
It's obvious that logic and reason aren't working with these dumb fucks. Some people need to be smacked repeatedly, pain might be a better teacher than words.

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Geez, if offending someone is all it takes to kick things off campus, I bet it wouldn't be hard to find folks who feel granting degrees in '*>* Studies' is offensive.

Oh, wait, never mind. Offending some folks while placating others is what it's all about.

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Geez, if offending someone is all it takes to kick things off campus, I bet it wouldn't be hard to find folks who feel granting degrees in '*>* Studies' is offensive.

Oh, wait, never mind. Offending some folks while placating others is what it's all about.

Handing out college degrees to folks who can't read and write offends me plenty.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
In honor of this I believe I will have a tray or two of micro aggressive hate chicken goodness with my team this week!

Damn I love them breakfast bites! Hitler biscuits!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
A couple of thoughts come to mind. First, it seems tolerance/hate crimes are a one way street. You have to tolerate me, I am entitled to hate you.

Second. I need to buy a couple of Chick-Fil-A gift cards for friends.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
In honor of this I believe I will have a tray or two of micro aggressive hate chicken goodness with my team this week!

Damn I love them breakfast bites! Hitler biscuits!

You sir are a purveyor of hate, don't you know for every one you eat CFA will curb stomp a gay person AND kick a puppy?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The mere thought that something as innocuous as a Chick-Fil-A might trigger microaggressions is, of and by itself, a OVERT AND DEEPLY INJURIOUS MACROAGGRESSION.

Lambda president Rachel Coury and executive board member Niko Martini are denying me a safe space where I am not subject to their overt hostility and I can get both a four strip meal and a great milkshake.

I think the only way to address this is to put so many Chick-Fil-As on school grounds that is is less than a 100 foot walk to get to one.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
I miss Chick Fil A. I used to eat at them frequently but have yet to find one in NH.

Of all the fast food joints I can safely say I have never experienced anything but kind and great service at the probably 100x I have eaten at CFA in various parts of the country.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When did we lose our way?

When did we quit putting on our big boy/girl underwear/panties?

Learn to deal with what upsets/pisses you off.

Quit crying about it.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Live free or die.

Pheasant Lane Mall Food Court

Now you live free or die and each chicken.

Chicken Fil-A is in the food court.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I've always wondered this....

Microaggression, is that like pissed off bacteria? An amoeba that's a bully?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I was looking for the part where they were being forced to eat there or do business with them.

Silly me.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Had it today for the first time ever. Awesome place. I will be going back for more.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
“Chick-fil-A has a questionable history on civil rights and human rights,”

They don't have any record on either. They are a restaurant.

What a monumentally retarded thing to say.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
quote:
“Chick-fil-A has a questionable history on civil rights and human rights,”

They don't have any record on either. They are a restaurant.

What a monumentally retarded thing to say.

There are two inherent problems. First, that they would make a monumentally retarded statement. Second, and more important, the liberals will drink the kool-aid. Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
I wish I had one of these places to eat at I want to try it.

If you ever head down to the Big E or anywhere in Springfield MA, take 91 south to 90 east. Get off at the exit for route 33 (I am 99% sure it's the first one, exit 5 (?). At the end of the ramp, Walmart will be in front of you.

Cross 33 into Walmart lot, turn Right just before walmart and follow the little access road. Leads you right to CFA.

Now, go!

Eta: this book of faces page is about wanting one in VT!

https://m.facebook.com/VTChickfilA/

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CFA should sponsor an on campus corn hole tournament and clam eating contest. Wink

-----------------------------------

Posts: 2424 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Maybe they need an In and Out Burger.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

“The Bible is clear in teaching on sexual sin including sex outside of marriage and homosexual acts. Neither heterosexual sex outside of marriage nor any homosexual act constitute an alternative lifestyle acceptable to God.”

The Pope has committed a macroaggresion!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Luckily, I have never had a conversation wherein the word "microaggression" was uttered by one of these snowflake types. It is just as well, as I would likely launch an insult laden tirade the likes of which would ripple fire a stream of microaggressions.

Fucking mamby-pamby asshats.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post