SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Students Fear Chick-Fil-A Might Spark Microaggressions
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Students Fear Chick-Fil-A Might Spark Microaggressions Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Townhall.com
Todd Starnes|Posted: Apr 11, 2017 12:08 PM

A gay student group at Duquesne University fears that a proposed Chick-fil-A outpost could jeopardize the school’s safe spaces.

“Chick-fil-A has a questionable history on civil rights and human rights,” Lambda executive board members Niko Martini told The Duke (the university’s student newspaper).

Click here to for a free subscription to Todd’s newsletter – a must-read for Conservatives!

Martini asked student government leaders to pass a resolution urging the school to reconsider Chick-fil-A as a dining option for students at the Pennsylvania Catholic school.

“I think it’s imperative the university chooses to do business with organizations that coincide with the university’s mission and expectations they give students regarding diversity and inclusion,” Martini went on to tell the newspaper.

So far, the student government association has not passed a resolution one way or the other. And with good reason.

A university spokesperson told the newspaper they picked Chick-fil-A at the request of the student body.

Still, fragile feathers were ruffled by news that youngsters would soon be nibbling on plump juicy chicken breasts tucked between hot, buttered buns.

“I’ve tried very hard within the last semester and a half to promote this safe environment for the LGBTQ+ community,” Lambda President Rachel Coury told The Duke. “So I fear that with the Chick-fil-0A being in Options that maybe people will feel that safe place is at risk.”

President Olivia Erickson vowed to look into Lambda’s concerns.

“We are working on gathering students’ opinions and getting all the facts we can so we can make the best decision,” she told the newspaper.

Well, here’s a cold, hard fact: Chick-fil-A is not in the business of selling hate Chicken. They are a rock-solid, family-owned company flavored by Christian values. They do not discriminate. Period.

“It would be a really big deal for Lambda and the whole LGBTQ community on campus if someone could make a statement to eliminate the fear of being marginalized by having this business on campus,” Coury told the student newspaper.

Folks, this anti-poultry bigotry from perpetually offended groups is getting to be a bit tedious.

By the way, I’d like to commend The Duke for doing a fine job reporting the story. Their presentation was indeed fair and balanced – and quite frankly refreshing.

As for Duquesne University students who might be triggered by a Chick-fil-A cow – I would urge you to make an appointment with your school’s counseling service.

Eat More Chicken, Snowflakes.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
"Pennsylvania Catholic school"

Who's values are more in-line with the school's?
Chick-fil-A or the LGBTQRFHKWHOEVER community?

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3848 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
And I'd like to ask these Snowflakes... "So, where's the beef?" Big Grin

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the snowflakes need to be fucked - badly

crater their grades, fail them out, make them miserable in every aspect of their miserable pathetic little lives

protest their very existence

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I think it’s imperative the university chooses to do business with organizations that coincide with the university’s mission and expectations they give students regarding diversity and inclusion,” Martini went on to tell the newspaper.
“I’ve tried very hard within the last semester and a half to promote this safe environment for the LGBTQ+ community,” Lambda President Rachel Coury told The Duke. “So I fear that with the Chick-fil-A being in Options that maybe people will feel that safe place is at risk.”

Really?
I don't think this Lambda person is aware of Catholic teaching on homosexual acts.

“The Bible is clear in teaching on sexual sin including sex outside of marriage and homosexual acts. Neither heterosexual sex outside of marriage nor any homosexual act constitute an alternative lifestyle acceptable to God.”

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24055 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
The answer is so simple. Eliminate all restaurants and cafeterias from campus, thus eliminating any potential of offending students with food choices.

Students can shop or seek off campus restaurants that meet their specific needs and safe space requirements.

Problem solved.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
In my long ago youth, the worst humiliation you could experience was "You're just a chicken!"

Now it may be "you ate at Chic-Fil-A."

Ah hahahahahahaha!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JALLEN,

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I have a micro-aggression vs a chicken sandwich, when I am hungry.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
It's a late Paril Fool's Joke......right?

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
It is gratifying to know that these nitwits have no more serious problems to deal with than the microaggressions sparked by a chicken place.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
“We are working on gathering students’ opinions and getting all the facts we can so we can make the best decision,” she told the newspaper.

I don't believe you. You're only interested in feelings and perceived slights. Facts never enter the equation with social justice warriors.

I vow to visit CFA this week, my diet be damned.

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I’ve tried very hard within the last semester and a half to promote this safe environment for the LGBTQ+ community,” Lambda President Rachel Coury told The Duke. “So I fear that with the Chick-fil-0A being in Options that maybe people will feel that safe place is at risk.”

First off why does LGBT keep getting things added to it and what's a Q+?

Second, do they have any statistical or even anecdotal evidence of how many CFA employees have been accused of hate crimes? They must have some pretty damning evidence of all the assaults perpetrated by CFA employees, owners, and vendors in order to live in fear of having a CFA open up on campus.

Jebus Roll Eyes

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
My only fear with CFA is that they run out of waffle fries.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Second, do they have any statistical or even anecdotal evidence of how many CFA employees have been accused of hate crimes? They must have some pretty damning evidence of all the assaults perpetrated by CFA employees, owners, and vendors in order to live in fear of having a CFA open up on campus.

Jebus Roll Eyes

They do not need evidence. . . They have their itty-bitty minds made up and that is all there is to it.

Facts play no part in their little safe spaces. In truth, facts scare the shit out of them.

What was that old plan on how to destroy a free nation?

First destroy the family, then education, then religion, then disarm whoever is left.

Well, the evidence is clear. They have destroyed our education system.

Religion is under constant and increasing attack, and the dingbats are continually about disarming us.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
My only fear with CFA is that they run out of waffle fries.

Or peach milkshakes!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I love those chikin'Miniaggressions they serve at breakfast with a little honey on them!

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Facts are for the racist & bigoted patriarchy Roll Eyes Get with the program, komrade!

quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Jebus Roll Eyes

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
All these people bitching about micro aggressions need to experience a little macro aggression. That'd lend some perspective.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I wish I had one of these places to eat at I want to try it.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm so happy that I ate at a CFA yesterday. (I was happy while I was eating too.)

That is one of my safe places.

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post