SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking at a new Ford Taurus. I have questions. Update: Bought one!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking at a new Ford Taurus. I have questions. Update: Bought one! Login/Join 
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted
My wife took Monday off and we went car buying. I ended up leaving with a “used” 2018 Ford Taurus SEL. It has 11k miles, leather heated seats, navigation, SYNC etc. The color is called Magnetic Metallic. I’d call it gun metal grey with metallic flake. I looked at 3, test drove 2 and spent a grand total of 2 hours at the dealership. It was by far the most pleasant car buying experience I’ve ever had.

With the Taurus being shelved soon there are some killer deals being made. Ive always liked the look of them and I am giving one serious thought. My 2012 Fusion has been great thru 128,000 miles but a larger sedan would be nice.

Feel free to chime in if youve had experience, good or bad.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: badcopnodonut!!,

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I am on my 2nd Taurus and shopping for a 3rd.

I had a 2010 and had zero problems with it. Then I bought the 2013 that I currently have. It just hit 65K and the only problem I have had was a caliper that malfunctioned and messed up the rotor. $400 repair.

I drive a lot. 23K+ per year. These Ford Taurus run great, don't drink a lot of gas, have decent acceleration and are GREAT in the snow.

I am shopping for one now a low mileage 2017 or 2018. I don't think the deals will get sweet enough on the 2019 for me to justify spending that kind of money on a new Ford Taurus. Good luck! Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:

I had a 2010 and had zero problems with it. Then I bought the 2013 that I currently have. It just hit 65K and the only problem I have had was a caliper that malfunctioned and messed up the rotor. $400 repair.

I drive a lot. 23K+ per year. These Ford Taurus run great, don't drink a lot of gas, have decent acceleration and are GREAT in the snow.

I am shopping for one now a low mileage 2017 or 2018. I don't think the deals will get sweet enough on the 2019 for me to justify spending that kind of money on a new Ford Taurus. Good luck! Regards 18DAI

Im looking at new 2018 SEL for $22500 that stickers for 35k and its not the only one out there. There is a dealer about 75 miles from me that has 6 or 7 in stock and according to Carguru.com they have been on the lot for a year or better.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
This must be the new math we are using here.

23+k miles per year on a 6 year old car and we get 65k on the clock.

Hmmm

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rbert0005,

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4578 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
This must be the new math we are using here.

23+k on a 6 year old car and we get 65k on the clock.

Hmmm

Bob

Sounds like he bought it used.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought new 2015 Limited with all wheel drive. Very well handling car. No problems thus far.

Awake not woke

Posts: 566 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Full sized sedans are not moving, which is why the Taurus and Impala are being done with. Some smokin deals on what remains.

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Full sized sedans are not moving, which is why the Taurus and Impala are being done with. Some smokin deals on what remains.

When you can buy an Explorer for pretty much the same price as a Taurus, it's easy to see why.

As for me, I'd love to get a newer Taurus but now that I'm in truck country I'll probably get an F-150 next.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by badcopnodonut!!:
quote:

Im looking at new 2018 SEL for $22500 that stickers for 35k and its not the only one out there. There is a dealer about 75 miles from me that has 6 or 7 in stock and according to Carguru.com they have been on the lot for a year or better.

Damn, that's a good price. If they are really that price I'd buy one.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Yes, I bought my 2013 used in 2016 with 4300 miles on it. Smile Literally driven by a little old lady.

That IS a good deal on a 2018. I will expand my search on Cargurus to include 2018 SEL models. Thanks! Regards 18DAI

posted Hide Post
Wife and I got a used one a few years ago. Car was fine, but too darned close to the ground! Both of us being on the far side of life, we soon realized that climbing out of and falling down into the car wasn't going to work for us. Traded it off and got a SUV which is higher off the ground. Something to consider dependant upon your circumstances.

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:

Who’s the dealer? I would certainly consider a new Taurus at that price. There is nothing remotely that cheap in New England. That’s a used car price here.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:

Found one in MD for $22k. Not bad, I might have to buy it.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/...64#listing=202093566

Who’s the dealer? I would certainly consider a new Taurus at that price. There is nothing remotely that cheap in New England. That’s a used car price here.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Skins.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, I bought my 2013 used in 2016 with 4300 miles on it. Smile Literally driven by a little old lady.

That IS a good deal on a 2018. I will expand my search on Cargurus to include 2018 SEL models. Thanks! Regards 18DAI

My wife and I are going on a little road trip in the morning. Wink

Not Today
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:

Zeck Ford is who I’m looking at.

Not Today
posted Hide Post
Update. Bought one. Info at top of page.

Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Good deal. Best of luck.

The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Smile

That is a beautiful color! I am looking for one just like that. Enjoy yours! Regards 18DAI

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Is the SHO version handling performance better?

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post