SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Husband flies parents from India to help him beat his wife..
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Husband flies parents from India to help him beat his wife.. Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
There are so many things I could say about this I don't know where to start. I'll just leave it at "what the fuck"??

quote:
Police said Gaind was being held in the Riverview home by her husband Devbir Kalsi, 33, and his parents Jasbir, 67, and Bhupinder Kalsi, 61, who traveled from India to help their son “counsel and discipline his wife for being disobedient” after he asked for their assistance, according to Fox 13.

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and they are here illegally as well? Article said that the 3 might be deported.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Maybe he's here on a visa. The parents are just visitors, though.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Multi-culti is so swell.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Damn, we are now outsourcing our wife beating to Bangalore too?

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Leaving aside completely the question of how to treat any lady, let alone a wife, it doesn't say much for the inDUHvidual's manhood that he had to call his parents for help in handling his wife. I'm sure there is an appropriate punishment for the three of them, but it should probably be considered carefully for a while...

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kalsi’s parents started striking her after Gaind attempted to defend herself. The infant was accidentally struck in the face while Gaind was holding her during the attack, the report stated.

Give them a one-way ticket back to their country. Just a fly though no point in landing just open the door a let them out.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
It doesn't say, did she do the dishes and learn to behave?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Damn, we are now outsourcing our wife beating to Bangalore too?

That is outstanding, well done Big Grin

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
and they are here illegally as well? Article said that the 3 might be deported.

Doesn't mean they're here illegally.

They could have come into the country on a valid visa. But if a visa holder commits a crime, their visa can be revoked and the person can face deportation.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Momma's boy.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
We even have immigrants doing their stupid shit here in Florida. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3374 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I could imagine at customs when parents landed, what is the purpose of your visit? To help son beat daughter in law.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Some where, someone is saying we need to be tolerant and understanding of our new guests customs.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8342 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Some where, someone is saying we need to be tolerant and understanding of our new guests customs.

It may well be the behavior here is consistent with cultural norms in India. It seems many come to America to enjoy the fruits our culture provides, yet they demand their right to maintain here the cultural norms of their homeland, that preclude such enjoyable fruits. Kind of like bringing hamburger to the party, but demanding to eat steak.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:

It may well be the behavior here is consistent with cultural norms in India. It seems many come to America to enjoy the fruits our culture provides, yet they demand their right to maintain here the cultural norms of their homeland, that preclude such enjoyable fruits. Kind of like bringing hamburger to the party, but demanding to eat steak.

This sums it up. You can't pick and choose. Stay in India and beat your wife and live in a second/third world country. Come to America for prosperity and "The Bachelor," but you'll have to stop beating your wife. Your pick.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
quote:

This sums it up. You can't pick and choose. Stay in India and beat your wife and live in a second/third world country. Come to America for prosperity and "The Bachelor," but you'll have to stop beating your wife. Your pick.

So much for our ingrained diversity and tolerance. Wink

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
she needs to read the 2nd, take a class, and carry openly in her house. then lets see who beats who. but she doesn't want to react like an american, like jhe said. she wants the fruits of the american economy, but wants to still live like an abused dog in her home country.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
quote:

Very well put. My parents were both immigrants but they raised the kids to be all American. This sounds like a cliche, but if you're going to live here, live by our rules.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, as an one of the few Indians here on SigForum, let me say what I think of this shameful situation.
(1) The guy was a momma's boy, bitch had to ask his parents come and help him beat his wife.
(2) They are a Punjabi family, i.e. from the State of Punjab. They are not from Bangalore.
(3) Beating the wife is a common "tradition" and is tolerated in India, and especially women who are considered "uppity" or "disobedient" are unfortunately beaten severely.
This family seems to be a traditional middle-class family, not very westernised, i.e. not civilised according to the norms of the USA. Most probably the guy was here on a H1-B visa, works as a schlub in a IT jon somewhere.

I think that instead of feeling sorry for the family, or claiming that the were doing only what is culturally appropriate, as many Indians of Facebook are doing since yerterday, Indians should man up, and admit that the bitch and his bitchy parents were in violation of the laws of this country, and they should be convicted, and after serving their sentences, that should be deported back to the loser-ass community they came from.
I have no tolerance for folks behaving in this loser way. If you come here to the USA, you need to learn to live like and behave like a citizen of the USA, dont behave like a loser from India while living in the USA.

This is a problem that I see with many immigrants here in Michigan. Bitches just dont respect the USA, and they make no effort to integrate into American society. I guess the rise of identity politics and the opportunistic pandering to immigrant groups by the Democratic Party is responsible for this sad state of affairs.
End of rant. Frown

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post