Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Friday funny Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted
Thinking back a few years, living in Fla., I remember Hurricane Irma. I was ready for it but my wife was not.

When the wind reached a screaming pitch with the trees snapping and thrashing, the horizontal streaming rain, flying roofing iron and destroyed fences as well as the unnerving sound-levels, my wife was rooted to the spot. She stared and stared through the glass of the window. Immovable, with her nose pressed to the windowpane, the stark fear in her eyes will stay with me forever.

Fortunately, as the eye of the storm arrived and the winds temporarily lessened, I was able to open the door and let her in.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somehow I don’t think my wife will appreciate your humor (but I do Wink )

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
It's a husband thing, no one else will understand it. Big Grin

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5900081744

Turns out it was a Wednesday funny Wink
Well, my schedule is full today. Will it be ok to laugh next Thursday? I'll pencil you in.

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll have to get back to you, pretty busy myself today. I'll follow up next Friday about your inquiry to laugh next Thursday.

Razz

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Hey guys. That was two completely different hurricanes. Big Grin

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MattW:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5900081744

Turns out it was a Wednesday funny Wink

I don't know how I missed that. Sorry everyone.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Great minds... Wink

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I knew this wouldn't go well, but sometimes I just gotta be a jerk - I just read this to my wife and visiting daughter. They were silent for a minute, then one of them told me how bad that joke was, and the other agreed. So I fulfilled my duty to defend the male race though Sun Tzu would probably not have approved. But damn that was funny.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Ask them why Helen Keller couldn't drive.

(Because she was a woman.) Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Ask them why Helen Keller couldn't drive.

(Because she was a woman.) Big Grin

Ok standby.

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Quoting in real-time:

"That's not funny... WHY do you think that's funny ???"

Wives are so predictable. Unlike the Great SIGFORM !

Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Now show them this: