SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So the big Cannon Safe at Costco.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So the big Cannon Safe at Costco. Login/Join 
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I looked at the Costco website but don't see the model or specs you refer to for that price.
Do you have a link?

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RevRich
posted Hide Post
I had the electronic lock fail on my safe. The safe company sent me a new one for free but it cost me $400 to have a locksmith who was the manufacture rep in this area break into my safe and replace it. Essentially he had a jig that screwed into the mounting holes of the electronic keypad which allowed him to drill the exact point that was needed to release the sear on the lock. He finished by welding in a hardened steel plug into the hole he drilled making it impossible to drill out the same hole. Or so he said. still it took him 2 hours to drill through the door.

Sincerely,
Reverend Richard Eue

Posts: 60 | Location: Central Iowa | Registered: July 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The small Cannon at our Costco has big print on the side of the cardboard box on every palletized safe that says Made in China.

Pretty sure the big ones say where they are made; I just didn't look.

Don't overcomplicate this.

Posts: 518 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
The little one at our Costco was a Heritage, not a Cannon.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Safe threads really bring out the nonsense . Prior to the great flood of 2016 , I had a Cannon safe for about 5 yrs .Electronic lock . Absolutely no issues . If I had , their excellent warranty would have covered it 100%. During the flood , my safe went under 4 feet of water . The guns had already been relocated to a safe place .About a month later I contacted Cannon and they shipped me a brand new safe to my house , at NO cost . Even upgraded me to a larger safe . I'm not worried about professional safecrackers with state of the art tools , duplicate electronic locks , or any of that other crap I've read here . BTW , my safe was assembled in Mexico , not China .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
My FIL has a Cannon safe with electronic lock and it's never worked right for more than a couple days at a time. They can't figure out the problem and he's tired of trying. It always opens but sometimes you have to enter the code combination for 10 minutes.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
My FIL has a Cannon safe with electronic lock and it's never worked right for more than a couple days at a time. They can't figure out the problem and he's tired of trying. It always opens but sometimes you have to enter the code combination for 10 minutes.
And what do the customer service folks say about that ? I don't believe that they have given up on making it right .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
quote:
And what do the customer service folks say about that ? I don't believe that they have given up on making it right .

They didn't, my FIL gave up swapping out locks.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
quote:

They didn't, my FIL gave up swapping out locks.

It sounds like the door is not aligned properly or there is something pressing against the door that's putting stress on the lock works and cannot open it......but just a guess

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
quote:
IF it fails call the manufacturer and get another lock shipped to you.

But the barbarians are at the gates.

Stand by it. Walk it back. I don't care.

The bottom line is electronic locks on cabinets or safes have a lot more lockouts than mechanicals.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I didn't explain that right. The lock always works, the keypad is trash.

posted Hide Post
I'm sticking by my Cannon safe . Never an issue and great customer service .

and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I think one of the "safe" people on this forum is alabj1, or something like that. He used to post all kinds of good stuff!

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
I'm thinking about buying an old coke machine. They're a bitch to break into.

Gut it, customize the interior, it already has a power cord for dehumidifier, should be just as fine or better than anything else.

Plus, if you break into it, "You'll have to answer to the Coca-Cola company"

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post