SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "Coming Soon" Realtor Signs
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Coming Soon" Realtor Signs Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
All of a sudden every house that has a new realtor sign that would normally say "FOR SALE" has "COMING SOON" for a week or two first now.

Is this a new trend in real estate? I've never seen it before this year but they are everywhere now.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
This has been ongoing in my area for several years now. What I find humorous is that at times the "FOR SALE" sign never appears.

So, it must be working for the realtors. One quick shot from "COMING SOON" to "SOLD."

I guess it keeps the listing services out of the loop. You want more info? Go to the listing agent.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Trying to promote bidding. Plain and simple. It is a sad state of affairs anymore. Yeah and I know all of the arguments in favor.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Trying to promote bidding. Plain and simple. It is a sad state of affairs anymore. Yeah and I know all of the arguments in favor.

Seems to me that trying to promote bidding would be all the argument you need. Not sure why that would be a sad state of affairs. Nevertheless I disagree that trying to get bidding is the reason at all.

The sign of coming soon, without an MLS listing, certainly lowers the potential buyer pool to those that see the sign and follow up. MLS will get to the most buyers. So your argument doesn't really hold water. It would seem to me that coming soon signs are to promote interest while a seller prepares to list. My girlfriend frequently gets clients that want a market analysis. She then tells them what they need to do to get ready to list (repairs, cleaning, etc). Then the property is "coming soon" (although my GF doesn't use those signs as far as I know, I'll ask her).

A listing agent is required to have the best interest of their client. That means getting highest and best offer. If coming soon does that, great. But then again if someone calls before it's listed and makes a purchase the seller has no real idea if they got the best offer.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trying to promote bidding

Pet peeve of mine.

If you advertise an item for sale you should be willing to sell it at the advertised price.

If you want to sell an item to the highest bidder, then hold an auction.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you ever sell any real estate, feel free to refuse all offers above asking price.

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
If you ever sell any real estate, feel free to refuse all offers above asking price.

LOL!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Coming Soon..

My answer to this thread.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
Trying to promote bidding

Pet peeve of mine.

If you advertise an item for sale you should be willing to sell it at the advertised price.

If you want to sell an item to the highest bidder, then hold an auction.

That simply isn't how real estate works. Anyone that goes in expecting to have a full price offer accepted just doesn't know what they are doing (in a seller's market). There is a lot more than price. When realtors say "highest and best", best means a lot. A full price cash offer is the best unless there is a higher price cash offer. Closing date can be a deal breaker. VA of FHA financing is often a deal breaker. Down payment amount, home inspection requirement, etc. There are tons of things that go into a real estate deal that mean more than the price alone.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
fraye, I am sure you are not the only one on here that knows the in's and out of selling RE. Including those that have posted in this thread.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
fraye, I am sure you are not the only one on here that knows the in's and out of selling RE. Including those that have posted in this thread.

I'm not sure what the purpose of your post is. Should I not share what I know because others know stuff too?

Anyhow, I'm going to share because I just got a little more info from the GF. There are many reasons for "Coming Soon". For example she has one that is new construction, the builder does not yet own the land and so he can't list it officially. The land deal is moving forward.

Coming Soon is listed in MLS, so this isn't to keep others from seeing it. Although a seller can enter a contract with "coming soon" and not list in MLS yet, but that's up to the seller. Apart from that the reasons are similar to what I said before, not ready for showings for some reason.

MY GF said the main reason she sees more of these now is that there is low inventory. Sellers want the interest being generated as early as possible so, as you said, they get maximum bids. So I was definitely wrong on that (but I didn't realize they are in MLS as coming soon).

These go to eleven.

An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow, really constructive comment Roll Eyes

Having upgraded houses more than once, Fraye’s responses so far are the only worthy answers. Bigwagon’s did evoke a chuckle, as designed!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The unholy triumvirate of selling RE - Realtors, Loan Officers, and Appraisers.

A bunch of scheming fucks scratching each others backs, wanting a ton of money for nothing.

I hate them all and do anything to minimize use of any of them.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
The unholy triumvirate of selling RE - Realtors, Loan Officers, and Appraisers.

A bunch of scheming fucks scratching each others backs, wanting a ton of money for nothing.

I hate them all and do anything to minimize use of any of them.

I used to think the same. But having been with my girlfriend for a few years I see how much work it is. She is basically working from 7 am until 9 pm every single day. This year she said she’d have more time after spring market. Well it’s November and it hasn’t slowed down. It can be a lucrative job for those putting in the work. There is no scheming involved.

These go to eleven.

posted Hide Post
It works- You noticed.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
"Coming soon"....same as "The first 100 callers will receive..."....same as "be the first to own." Just trying to drive hype. Personally, I ignore all of it. Way too much else to focus my attention on.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Another reason for “coming soon.” A house on my street had an older lady who developed dementia. Her kids put in care, but have to wait on a judge to declare her incompetent so they can get power of attorney.

The real problem with the Realtor business, is that they make huge commissions, but spend a significant portion of their time soliciting new business. There are just too many Realtors, so there are too many agents chasing the big win instead of servicing existing clients. It is a business ripe for disruption via tech.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3655 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually the house is a dump and in need of repair and for sure a major clutter cleanup but it will be for sale shortly.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Only seen it done once, nearby, older house.
As soon as I saw it I went to the realtors web site and found it, no details and one photo. It was listed at DOUBLE what I thought it was worth. I was right... it sold for roughly half of the listing price a few months later.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post