SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Colombian bulletproof clothing designer hopes for U.S. expansion — and he’ll shoot his wife to make it happen
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colombian bulletproof clothing designer hopes for U.S. expansion — and he’ll shoot his wife to make it happen Login/Join 
posted
I don't think I would try that with a magnum caliber.

http://www.miamiherald.com/new...rticle170345577.html

A Colombian entrepreneur is bringing his bulletproof fashion line stateside with guns blazing.

Designer Miguel Caballero’s clothing line has opened a distribution center in Miami and will be sold under the MC Armor moniker.

His wife, Carolina Ballesteros, will head the Florida operation for the Bogota-based company. And to help boost sales, Caballero put a .38-caliber slug into the abdomen of his children’s mother.

“I swore to myself I would never do that again,” the 49-year-old designer told the Miami Herald after shooting Ballesteros for a promotional video. “But she’s trying to open up the American market and I’m helping her in every way I can.

o MC Armor’s bulletproof jackets and T-shirts will begin selling at 10 Florida gun stores as well as a handful in California and Texas, according to the Miami Herald.

Company executives hope the firm’s tank top will be a big seller. The 2.4-lb. basic model reportedly starts at $495 and can also stop .22-caliber and 9mm rounds.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
At the very first second of the video, it looks like a lead bullet, no copper jacketing. How much do you want to bet it's a soft lead?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
How about neckties?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was she wearing proper Ear Pro? Hmmm. I wonder what was the basis of that relationship?

I enjoyed the decor featuring a crucifix and stand with the open Bible. Nice touch. Glad to see the workers wearing masks.

Maybe they could include old CDs of Miami Vice with the tank top.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What could go wrong?

Posts: 1345 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
At the very first second of the video, it looks like a lead bullet, no copper jacketing. How much do you want to bet it's a soft lead?

Pretty close range though, and she didn't appear to move much.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
She's definitely to hot for him...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I would have expected more of a reaction from the blunt force trauma. I saw a muzzle flash, so it was a gunpowder-propelled slug, but I'm guessing it was a pretty light load.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Richard Davis routinely shot himself wearing his second Chance vest as a demo back in the early 70's.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
He shot his wife for profit?
He's no gentleman.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
No way it's a full / regular powdered load, right?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Just showed my wife the video. I don't think I'm going to share her comments. Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
Richard Davis routinely shot himself wearing his second Chance vest as a demo back in the early 70's.

I was at one of his demonstrations at our department range in 1976. I bought a Second Chance about a week later, our Department wouldn't pay for them.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
His son does the demos, now.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
She's definitely to hot for him...

He must have a huge...

...wallet.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What an IDIOT. What if the bullet split on exit and a piece hit her elsewhere.....

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
As per previous comments above, that load and bullet is DEFINITELY designed for that purpose, there's no way he could be shooting her with full power loads, let alone any kind of magnum round.

He may be having fun, and she may enjoy any money he's making, but damn, I'd find a better way to sell my product. Is it effective to swaying sales ? Sure it is. But is it smart ? I don't think so.

I'd probably be one of the guys in the audience, "Hey ! Can that vest handle magnums ? Then here, shoot my GP 100 357 mag with Buffalo Bore hard cast boolits, and let's see how your wife reacts !"

Idiot. And yes, she's far too hot for him. There's probably a cultural thing going on there where ugly guys get hot women.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
it's not that the ugly guys get the hot women, it's that the RICH guys get the hot women, and rich discounts the ugly factor.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
He shot his wife for profit?
He's no gentleman.

It only gets weird if he lets other men shoot his wife for profit.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post