SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nikon D7200 vs. D7500
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nikon D7200 vs. D7500 Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
One of the neat things about the D7200 (and maybe the D7500, I don't know) is the EFFECTS setting. There is a Miniature setting, among others, in Effects that blurs the top and bottom 1/3rd of the image giving objects in the middle 1/3rd the look of being in miniature. It really only works well when the image has a lot of things in it in the foreground, middle ground, and distance - like a street scene. It doesn't work well for, say, a bird up in the sky. But it is fun to play with.

I don't have any saved pictures taken in that setting, but this is the effect you get:

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Spend the evening watching Youtube video on the camera. Had to download the manual for a few things. As I indicated before, I was a film camera dude for years before stepping away for quite a while from photography. Got comfortable with other parents taking pictures of my kids stuff. Started a year or so ago with a Canon EOS Rebel 6 just to get re-acquainted with shooting and the new format.

My impression of the Nikon D7200 so far. Oozes quality over the Canon Rebel. Of course, I knew that. For my usage, I would say this, the camera is fast. From the auto focus to the shutter control, this thing is a definite step up from the starter DSLR. Chocked full of features. I am still learning the control. I definitely think I can grow with this. Things I do wish for so far, is the bluetooth compatibility as well as the app to share photos.

Questions for you...what do you guys use to edit/digital darkroom/etc? Software as well as hardware(apple vs pc).

Here is a couple of the shots I took today.

Posts: 1341 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:

Questions for you...what do you guys use to edit/digital darkroom/etc? Software as well as hardware(apple vs pc).

I just use a Mac and the Photos program. Allows me to adjust color, contrast and lighting plus crop to my preferred size.

There are times I would like Lightroom or Photoshop, but the learning curve is steep, and I already spend enough time editing photos anyway.

Posts: 2276 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
I use Adobe Lightroom (classic) and Photoshop. Sometimes one, or the other, or both.
All on a new Macbook Pro.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post