SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Royal Enfield revives the Meteor for 2021 and takes aim at Honda’s Rebel 300. Small displacement moto fans rejoice
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Royal Enfield revives the Meteor for 2021 and takes aim at Honda’s Rebel 300. Small displacement moto fans rejoice Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Sho' nuff! Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I find the lack of a kickstart a disappointment with the new Meteor, along with the GT650. I love the look of the big kickstart on the Classic. Always kinda bugged me with my CM400, the lack of kickstart. To be fair, push starting a 400lb bike was never a problem.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yamaha released a retro bike a few years ago with only a kick starter and they got raked over the coals for it by lots of people who reviewed it. Personally I thought it was a neat idea so I didn’t pay much attention to those complaining about the lack of electric start.

You guys will probably laugh at me but if I had any power at Harley Davidson here is what I would do, I would make IN AMERICA a baby sportster or softail that had a 400-550cc v twin and cost no more than $4750.00
Then I would have a custom build off with 4 grand prize categories for the best: flat tracker, cafe racer, bobber and scrambler. Why would I do this? To showcase how the bike could be modified to suit the aesthetic taste of different riders. I would then select one of the 4 winners and make it a production motorcycle.

Harley needs to acknowledge that their bikes are too damn expensive and find a way to attract new blood. I think my idea while difficult to pull off would be good for their brand and future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21100 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:.
Harley needs to acknowledge that their bikes are too damn expensive and find a way to attract new blood. I think my idea while difficult to pull off would be good for their brand and future.

And too big.

I think that’s a great idea. I joke that HD bikes are a truck for hauling around an aging woman. A little mean, but thats what I see them used for. Huge bikes with a guy in his fifties driving and an older woman on the back. Those guys aren’t going to live forever. Your idea seems like a good way to bring a new generation to HD. There ARE younger people who don’t want LiveWire electric bikes, who like the smell of hot oil and gas. Better find a way to get them on board.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post