SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What type of earbud headphone does everyone like?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What type of earbud headphone does everyone like? Login/Join 
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Airpods for me unless I'm cutting the grass, then its a cheap 60 dollar pair of bluetooth over the ear set.

The Airpods just work so damn well. I like the over the ear set when mowing, trimming or running my chain saw. My hearing is damaged way more than the average 38 year old's should be.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Airpods.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9689 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the Beats X and have been pretty happy but I just discovered something on my road trip that took it to a new level...

When prepping to fly to NYC and Boston for a 2 week family march I accidentally put on the largest tips and on the first flight I was miserable. While in NYC I swung by B&H and was introduced to Comply Foam Tips

https://www.complyfoam.com/

These things are magical....soft and fit well, block out a ton of noise. Best $10.00 I ever spent!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Shure SE 215

Moshi

$25 bluetooth from Amazon by Anker

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
For working out I like Power Beats 3 as they stay on my ears even when doing cardio.

For everything else, AirPods.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Airpods.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
AirPods.
One of those things I wish I had purchased the day they came out.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Etymotic. The best. End of story.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
AirPods are truly amazing in their utility. Sound is decent.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Westone. Someone here turned me on to them years ago.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Westone. Someone here turned me on to them years ago.
Ive heard great things. I almost had an excuse to buy new ones but was able to solder my UE Triplefi10’s to repair them.

I’ve also heard good things about JH Audio.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
I use exclusively around-the neck bluetooth ear buds.

I have the Phiathon BT-100 NC. I bought them at the airport last year when I forgot to pack my Walker's Razor XV BT ear plugs/buds. I was headed to Singapore and I wasn't about to be gone three weeks without my ear buds. I use ear buds every day at work, all day.

Both models are bluetooth and you wear them around the neck. Both models can be used for phone calls. Both models are good for jogging and gym work but both models will fall off the neck if you're laying on your back (bench press, stretching, etc...).

The Walker's are good for airline travel and loud machinery work to keep noise out. They're not noise cancelling; they are supposed to be electronic hearing protection for the range but they don't work well at all for that purpose. If you use the volume on either the phone or the ear buds, the volume resolution is the same; it's like pushing the same button. The battery only lasts about 4 hours and it takes nearly as long to recharge them. The charge lasts just enough to get me through listening to Brian Kilmeade and maybe half of Rush Limbaugh. By the time Hannity comes on, I'm burnt out on talk radio and its on to iHeart or iTunes.

The Phiathon's are my favorite. They actually are noise cancelling, but since they are ear buds and not full-coverage earphones, they can only cancel out so much. They are not meant to be used as hearing protection. I work on machines with constant noise and they muffle most of the humm but the big noise makers, like debris removal vacuum, can't be cancelled out. You have the option of turning the noise cancelling on or off. Turning it on burns more battery but I do turn it on if I decide to go to the break room and take a short nap.

The battery life on the Phiathon's is awesome! I can probably listen to 8 hours of talk radio and music before the battery runs low. Maybe 6 hours if I turn on noise cancelling. They charge really quickly, like in an hour or an hour and a half. The volume buttons on the Phiathon's works independently from the button on my iPhone. When I take a mid-day nap I turn on iHeart radio and tune to an easy-listening channel and have the resolution to turn my volume down to a whisper so I can sleep. I turn the volume on my phone to one click above mute and from there, I can use the volume control on the Phiathon's to turn the volume down even more.

With the Razor's, the lowest volume setting can sometimes be too loud to sleep with. In that case, I just turn it off but still wear them as ear plugs.

The bluetooth range on the Phiathons is better. The Walker's can cut in and out if you're outside and around power lines or if the phone is in your back pocket. I don't see that as much or at all with the Phiathon's.

Both models cost around $100. I've had the Walker's for maybe a year and a half or 2 years. I've had the Phiathon's since last October. Both have held up great with every day use.

Tony.

These were on sale last month for $17 so i got 2. Sound is not a deep base but is good. Stays in with outer ear fins. Ride my to work with them and can still hear everything since they are not in deep.

https://www.amazon.com/TREBLAB...rds=treblab+n8&psc=1

Posts: 3519 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post