SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who takes Meloxicam?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who takes Meloxicam? Login/Join 
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted
Doc says I take too much Motrin. He prescribed Meloxicam. Says it’s safer but after reading up on the side effects I’m not so sure.

Who uses it? Are you happy with it? Your own side effects?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I've been taking it for years. I'm pleased with it. Also Glucosamine helps me. YMMV.

The Glucosamine is cumulative. You need to take it for a while to start seeing benefits.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The walk-in doc-in-a-box prescribed it for me this past weekend.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4470018654

Then yesterday, the ortho clinic prescribed prednisone and told me to discontinue the Meloxicam while I'm taking the prednisone.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Prednisone is good stuff but you can’t take it for long.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I would definitely second guess my doctor's prescription based on reading the internet and come to a gun board for medical advice.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the name of one of those masked Mexican wrestlers.

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I would definitely second guess my doctor's prescription based on reading the internet and come to a gun board for medical advice.

The forum is a higher truth, and a higher knowledge

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Taking it for years, for shoulder and back pain, excellent stuff.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Doc says I take too much Motrin. He prescribed Meloxicam. Says it’s safer but after reading up on the side effects I’m not so sure

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You should ask your physician more questions on why he switched your meds. You could then reach a logical conclusion. All medications have side effects. One of the jobs of your physician is to weigh side effects and benefits of medications. My guess is that is what happened, but you appear clueless as to the thought process.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

I do question doctors. The forum has thousands of members and I wanted to hear the experiences of others taking the drug.

Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
One of the jobs of your physician is to weigh side effects and benefits of medications. My guess is that is what happened, but you appear clueless as to the thought process.

Are you always ill-mannered or maybe your girl didn’t give it up for you this morning?

Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
Taking it for years, for shoulder and back pain, excellent stuff.

Thanks. Was the pain due to arthritis?

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Thanks. Was the pain due to arthritis?

Mine is due to Arthur Itis

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
been taking it for years with no side effects.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:

The prescription was for a six day count-down pack.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Well no kidding! I just got that same 6 day pack yesterday. The underlying cause that resulted in the prednisone feels somewhat better (complications from my back surgery) but it’s giving me a headache I think

As far as Meloxicam goes, it chewed up my stomach.

Between you and me, I’ve been prescribed just about every NSAID there is over the past 30 years (by my count, my emergency spine surgery on Easter Sunday was the 27th surrgery I’ve had since I joined the Army at 17 in June of 1991)

In my experience, none of them gave me more relief than naproxen...and naproxen seems to have the least side effects of them all

YMMV

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:

The prescription was for a six day count-down pack.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are you always ill-mannered or maybe your girl didn’t give it up for you this morning?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks for making a snarky and personal remark. I was merely suggesting that you were UNAWARE of the physician's thought process. The fact that you took it to mean you were an idiot is not what I intended.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Yep arthritis, and constant range of motion while cleaning stalls, and ranch work everyday. 60+ yo will catch up to you, had back surgery, and 2 rotocuff surgeries on the same shoulder. Getting old can suck, but still act like I’m in my 20’s.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Too bad they took Bextra off the market. That was good stuff.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been pretty fortunate not to have any health-related issues.

Wouldn't hesitate to seek a second opinion if I had doubts on treatment options, and consider members here providing real-world feedback on their own experience as a positive supplement to that.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1935 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post