SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is This Knife Worth Anything?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is This Knife Worth Anything? Login/Join 
Picture of wingspar
posted
I think not. Found this in a very remote place in the hills recently. The blade wobbles when locked open and there is rust. Looks like a cheaply made knife held together with rivits.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trash it before it breaks and injures you.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Special Forces!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Trash it before it breaks and injures you.

I have no intention of using it. I have a vast collection of Spyderco knives and a couple of Benchmade blades. I’m just curious about this knife since it says Special Forces on it, but so cheaply made.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
That's a solid patina it's got there on the original native american bone handle. I've only seen it once before. The ancient 'merican indian burial ground called "ebay." Think it roughly translates to "...like you NEED something else to cluttah the house already, Oy!" Or something like that.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lugerguards
posted Hide Post
http://m.ebay.com/itm/162556970764?_mwBanner=1

Grossly overpriced in the add!

Nothing here to see!

Posts: 1865 | Location: Will County, Illinois | Registered: October 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nine cents

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Clearly an artifact. You should have left it right where you found it. Maybe even covered it with some handy dirt to prevent someone else from looting the site.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Nope. You got slightly poorer when you picked it up.

On the upside, you did your part to clean up the wilderness, leaving it just a little better than you found it, so there is that...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wingspar:

I have no intention of using it. I have a vast collection of Spyderco knives and a couple of Benchmade blades. I’m just curious about this knife since it says Special Forces on it, but so cheaply made.

Seeing that written on the blade was enough for me to know it was junk.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1630086824

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
It's the Navy issue Seal knife used to scalp Bin Laden Eek should bring big money!

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Frost Cutlery-that crap is sold on late-night shopping channels, usually in a collection of 50+ knives and a Klingon dagger. They have some creative names for their junk; I think I've seen some like "Apache Tanto" and "Viking Tomahawk". Big Grin

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
That and 10 bucks is worth 10 bucks.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
that is a perfect tackle box knife,

doubt it could rust up any more,
probably will be worthless when you try to use it,
so you will end up tossing it overboard in a moment of clarity, mumbling fukkit when you do,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Trade it for a few sheets of clean TP.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Put "Special Forces" on a something and the value increases 25%. Same with "Navy Seals" or "Seal Team Six".

Looks like a junk knife to me.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Nine cents

I'd put it on Craigslist, using the same photos but airbrush out the rust spots, for an even ten cents. If they bitch when they see the spots, tell them you'll take nine cents for it.

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
It is quite valuable, If you can link it to being used in the capture of Saddam Hussein.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:
"Apache Tanto" and "Viking Tomahawk"

One of my ancestors was a Viking Tomahawk...., or was it Apache Tanto???
Damn that Ancestry DNA kit!!! Mad

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Tell me again, where did you find my knife?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post