SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anti-fogging spray?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anti-fogging spray? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted
I work out outside early in the morning. Glasses fog up in all kinds of weather. Contacts are out. I can get by without the glasses, but much prefer wearing them. Can anyone recommend a good antifogging spray? I started looking on line and was overwhelmed with the number of options. Thanks!

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try Rain-X anti fog glass cleaner on them.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Got a local Scuba shop nearby? See what they have for anti-fog for masks.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't wear glasses, but I use Plexus plastic polish on plastic paintball lenses & it keeps them from fogging. Says works on glass too.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
I don't wear glasses, but I use Plexus plastic polish on plastic paintball lenses & it keeps them from fogging. Says works on glass too.

I agree, Plexus is good stuff and cleans many things (tablet screens, sunglasses, etc.) really well.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
If all else fails...

Pull them down on your nose a bit more to increase the space between the glasses and you/your cheeks.

Have a set that is already at outside temps to use instead of a set coming from inside to outside.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
The best thing I have found is not a spray, it's individually packaged wipes.

FogTech DX anti-fox wipes

https://www.amazon.com/MotoSol...-Wipes/dp/B01FV02QSW

I started using them when I was doing indoor skydiving - think short bouts of intense physical activity while wearing glasses under something like a motorcycle helmet.

The other stuff I've used that works pretty well is what every ski shop I've ever been to recommends - Cat Crap (the one that looks like a tub of lip balm rather than the spray).

https://ekusa.com/product/cat-crap/

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
When I was diving a lot we just spit in the mask and rinsed out. I think a raw potato works too IIRC.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Anything you wipe, spray, or otherwise apply has to stay on the lens to work. Bearing that in mind, I have found that diluted baby shampoo works just as well or better than all of the anti-fog products I’ve ever tried in my dive masks.

I use RainX anti-fog on bathroom mirrors, but it’s not great for optical clarity if you’re trying to look through it.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post