SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Group buy ideas?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Group buy ideas? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I’m looking into it, but can’t make any promises yet on the Sordins. The way they distribute them is a bit different, I’m trying to find someone that will work with me.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
If you can make that happen, I'm definitely in for a GB for MSA Sordins. I'm in the market for a pair right now. I'll probably purchase two pair just because, well, two is one and one is none... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8883 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Perhaps holsters from a noted maker? The lead time may be a bit much. What about belts? Range bags? Bulk quantities of reloading components? Ammo? Bulk Slip 2000 products? Targets (steel or bulk paper)? SIG armorer tools?

quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
Fleshlights.

LMAO!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d be in for a pair of Sordins or two.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
I would also be in for a group buy on Sordins.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
I’m looking into it, but can’t make any promises yet on the Sordins. The way they distribute them is a bit different, I’m trying to find someone that will work with me.
Any update on a Sordin group buy?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I’m having no luck with an affordable option on the Sordins. MSA does not distribute them through the usual channels but through oil and gas safety equipment type companies. I found one place willing to work with me, but the minimum order was going to push $4000. That I can’t swing. I apologize for not updating this before now.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Thanks for checking.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
$4000 should equal approx 16 MSA Sordins Supreme Pro-X's (hopefully a few more depending on the discount) and there are approx 13-14 loose committments in the thread right now. If we all paid up front (I would expect that to be part of the Group Buy terms anyway), it seems we're really not that far off and the thread is only on page 2. Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8883 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I'd be up for a Sordin group buy as well. Not inexpensive, but worth it.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Can’t go wrong with Sordin’s I still have mine from the last group buy.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
What was the cost of the Sordins last time around? How much was the saving due to the group buy?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30665 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
What was the cost of the Sordins last time around? How much was the saving due to the group buy?

I don’t recall, it was 2008 or so if I recall. Probably a little under or a little over $200 maybe?

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
I don’t recall, it was 2008 or so if I recall. Probably a little under or a little over $200 maybe?
Now I understand why I did not see this group buy. If it was 2008, I missed it by a couple of years. I have been here since January 2010.

If the cost is around $200.00, it's probably not worth the hassle of setting up a group buy unless there is something special about these headsets. I just looked at Amazon and saw a couple of listings for MSA Sordin for just under $200.00 -- one for $189 and one for $195.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30665 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
What about some quality sunglasses?
Good sunglasses are spendy and a group buy might be a way to make them more affordable.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the clock idea.

Not sure what sordins are?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
Now I understand why I did not see this group buy. If it was 2008, I missed it by a couple of years. I have been here since January 2010.

If the cost is around $200.00, it's probably not worth the hassle of setting up a group buy unless there is something special about these headsets. I just looked at Amazon and saw a couple of listings for MSA Sordin for just under $200.00 -- one for $189 and one for $195.
$189 is a smokin' price as they're normally over $250 (they were every time I checked over the summer). I just purchased them.

Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
I like the clock idea.

Not sure what sordins are?
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
A long time ago, I participated in the group buy for MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X electronic hearing protection. The movers stole them and I really would like another pair.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in for the MSA sordin

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Maybe a group buy on TacticalRX glasses?

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8851 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post