SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Group buy ideas?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Group buy ideas? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
A couple of years ago I facilitated a group buy for members here with VooDoo tactical. I’ve kinda been thinking about doing another... just with a different manufacturer/item or items. I’m curious what company or products y’all would be interested in? This would have to pass muster with Para of course.

Thanks!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fleshlights.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
Fleshlights.

Nice, but I doubt they could get enough in stock for all SF users. Eek

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
a custom benchmade knife laser engraved SIGforum on one side and ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ on the other

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Side-shot, while that sounds awesome... I’m thinking more along the lines of taking orders for Surefire products in their catalog, for example. Not necessarily a commemorative “item” per se. I did this with VooDoo Tacticsl awhile back. Basically I took orders from what members found in their catalog for a week, then placed a big order. Again... just for example.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
A long time ago, I participated in the group buy for MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X electronic hearing protection. The movers stole them and I really would like another pair.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another Surefire group buy would be nice, and I’d be in for a pair or two of Sordins. Maybe Arteryx?

Posts: 597 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I would like an MSA Sordins group buy.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe Streamlight pistol lights?
Or UpLulas?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16069 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Microtech (cutlery) group buy.

Posts: 4101 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Good ideas, unfortunately I have no connections with Microtech. Surefire or Streamlight might be doable. Sordins... I’d need to make some phone calls which is no big deal. No connection with Arkteryx either.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
A long time ago, I participated in the group buy for MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X electronic hearing protection. The movers stole them and I really would like another pair.

I've never owned a pair of electronic ear muffs, but I'd be up for that!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in the ear-pro for sure.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
A clock from the Perryopolis PA company which makes all the promotional tavern clocks?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ I'd buy one of those.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
It's also available as a neon clock, 20".

Image Time is the name of the company. USA-made product. Wholesale to members. One or several hundred. ImageTime would handle the orders, 100%. Build them one at a time. Direct-shipped from them.

$50/battery. Quartz battery movements from Primex in Wisconsin.

$185 neon. 110V all brass geared electric movements and core and coil transformers for the neon. UL approved.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by side_shot:
a custom benchmade knife laser engraved SIGforum on one side and ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ on the other

that would be sweet

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
If we did a Sordin group buy I'd be in!!

And thanks for being willing to head this up!

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

That was was a good GB, still have mine and going strong but would not mind another pair!

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Sordins and wear them almost daily. Incredible ear pro. Would not mind at least one more pair for backup and/or kids use.

Of course I suppose we would have to agree to the particulars, style, color, etc to get a single group buy price reduction.

But for anyone on the fence the MSA Sordins are expensive but worth every cent.

Actually I bet there would be at least half a dozen or so members of my gun club that would like to get in on a good deal for these. Maybe more depending on how good a deal we are talking.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post