SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I am 50 today!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am 50 today! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Turned 60 yesterday, the most interesting BD ever. Felt like I was living in a post-apocalyptic movie, but it's real. Eek

Happy belated birthday good sir, stay healthy :-)

Posts: 259 | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hk91308:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Turned 60 yesterday, the most interesting BD ever. Felt like I was living in a post-apocalyptic movie, but it's real. Eek

Happy belated birthday good sir, stay healthy :-)

And happy birthday to all birthday boys and girls

Posts: 259 | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm 53 today. Happy birthday to us! I've had a few memorable ones, including several in exotic parts of Africa and Asia in my mid 20s, a motorcycle track day when I turned 40, and two years ago when I got to ride the Tour of Flanders course on my bicycle. A couple years before that I rode Paris-Roubaix a few days after my birthday. Those are particularly poignant right now because this year's cobbled classic race season has been cancelled/postponed.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!
My late wife and I were living in Springfield, VA when I celebrated my 40th in 1993. She arranged a weekend getaway to the Boar's Head Inn in Charlottesville. Saturday morning we gathered with several other couples for a flight in a hot air balloon. So much fun!

Posts: 122 | Location: Hernando, MS | Registered: September 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Half a century old!!!!

3 weeks and I'll be the same age. Ain't 1970 a grand year to be born in?!

Posts: 465 | Location: Pell City, AL. U.S. | Registered: December 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This took plenty of prep time but here's what I did for my wifes fiftyth. Fifty days from her birthday I had one of her friends call just to say hello. Each day someone would call. Some of these people she had not talked to since college. On her birthday I had her brother call and as thy were talking showed her the letter I had sent to all these people. The only thing I regret is that I should have done it on her 30 th. Lining up fifty people was quite a chore!

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
This is turning out to be a great thread for me. Thank you to all the contributors.

Happy birthday those who share this day! Happy birthday to all those close and all those just enjoying the memories.

Skins, that looks like a grand time.

12131, happy belated to you.

Please keep the stories coming. I am really enjoying this.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
A lot of your parents REALLY enjoyed summer breaks. Smile Eww, gross- parent sex jokes.

Happy birthday to all of you!

I had friends try to get me drunk on my 30th. They failed. I am a big dude and ate ALOT that night. Lol My 40th, I went and played pool with 2/3 of my children since the wife and daughter were at "cheer camp." Last year (my 41st) was cheer camp again so I literally ate a pizza at home, handled some work (small business owner myself) and went to bed by 10pm.

For my 50th, I hope my small business has survived and thrived and I can buy whatever my wife wants after having made it to "debt free." By then, we'll have been together almost 30 years.

My inlaws live in Orlando- and pre and post 'rona, we visit. Not sure what your business is, Senor Bolo but is there any way the board can support your business today ?

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deeds Not Words
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday— I am a year behind you! First birthday back in the mainland since 2006 and the bride and I couldn’t go anywhere! Oh well, great job and red beans and rice for dinner. No complaints and Happy Birthday my Sigforum brother!

Navy BMD: When "Aim High" isn't High Enough!

Posts: 62 | Registered: August 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
In my 60’s, don’t worry about standing in front of the toilet in the morning, and wondering why your standing there,it’s normal.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Happy ? Birthday! Stay well!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday! Have you started making that noise when you sit down and stand up yet?

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Happy 1/2 century, Pilgrim!!!

it was 1/2 century ago on one of my own birthdays, that I suddenly realized I could give myself a keeper new pistol I reallyReallyREALLY wanted each year, for my birthday. It's worked out pretty good. Try it for yourself.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
BigNC, Thank you for the words and offer for help.

I'm in a business that is service related (children) so not much my SigForum friends can do right now.

We are hanging in there and like you look forward to the day we are debt free! My wife and I will celebrate our 30th next year under (I hope) happier circumstances!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
Happy 1/2 century, Pilgrim!!!

it was 1/2 century ago on one of my own birthdays, that I suddenly realized I could give myself a keeper new pistol I reallyReallyREALLY wanted each year, for my birthday. It's worked out pretty good. Try it for yourself.

I was planning on that exact idea (9mm carbine). I guess I'll treat myself another time.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday!

For one of my dad's birthdays, we were at my parents' house. We start lighting the candles on my dad's cake and he makes the comment "They're the trick candles aren't they?" We wouldn't do that to him so we said they weren't. He tried to blow them out and it turns out they were the trick candles. My wife didn't have her readers and grabbed the first package of candles she sort of saw.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
You'll never forget this birthday.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Hippo birdie two ewes,

Young whippersnapper Big Grin

ahead of you by almost nine years.

flipping six-zero, next year... bleah Razz

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
50 - I remember those days!

For 55, I went skydiving. I was living in Denver at the time, and an airport outside of Longmont took us up to 1 mile above ground level. Fun experience!

For 60, last year, I did a heli-canyoneering trip out of Moab UT. Helicoptered to the head of Blue John Canyon (the same canyon system featured in the 136 Hours movie where the kid cut his arm off), went down-canyon (rappels, down-climbing), then up a branch canyon back to the helicopter landing "site", a relatively brush-free area of the desert.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!!! I wish I still had the energy I had at 50 these days!! Will turn 63 shortly and I think I'm feeling every single day.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post