SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I am 50 today!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am 50 today! Login/Join 
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted
Today I turned 50. As a small business owner things are a bit tight right now so I'll be putting my best laid plans off for a bit. (Using available reserves to keep staff paid and the doors open!)

My birthday wish is for my "imaginary" Sig Forum friends to relive some of their best birthday fun (trips, parties, experiences, etc.) here so I may enjoy vicariously.

Fire away my friends! I'll take whatever you've got! Let's have some fun.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Well, welcome to the club then!

Don't mind those creaks and groans from your 40s, they'll lessen as your knees give out! Wink

Happy Birthday!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, you share a bday with my little brother, who turns 48

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11269 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday ! Today I turned 56. Tomorrow my oldest turns 23. We tried to have her on my birthday, but the dr. sent us back home. She came on April Fools instead.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Best birthday meal was when I was 16 and visiting my brother in New Orleans. We went to Arnaud's and had about 6 people waiting on us. Crazy fancy place.

Best present ( I get most years) is a BJ.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday! Welcome to the over 50 Club. Razz

As for birthday experiences - I bought my first .45, a Sig 1911 Stainless Rail, when I turned 45.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1902 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
I am 15 days behind you as my birthday is the same date as Lincoln was shot.

Happy Birthday Smile

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday and here's to 50 more.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, How's this for a strange time in American history to be alive?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday! I turned 71 on the 25th. You're just a kid! :-)

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys! Keep em coming!

I agree on the strangeness of the year. I like all the "gift" ideas so far!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday rsbolo and SBrooks!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38642 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday! I'm a week behind you in hitting that milestone.

As to fond birthday stories, one of my favorites is a surprise trip my wife planned when I turned 40. She conspired with my boss to get me to hold the dates for a business trip and then let me read my birthday card a day early informing me of the trip. It initially went right over my head when I said I was supposed to be out of town - then the light bulb went off.

The trip was a cruise - glad she didn't plan that now Wink - to Cozumel where we had honeymooned years before.

Hope you have a great, albeit weird day.

Michael

Posts: 1099 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday to both of the 3/31 birthday-guys in this thread!

I hit 5-0 a short while ago. My boss called me into a one-on-one meeting that day which, as it turned out, was buying time for my close and even extended coworkers to assemble to celebrate after the meeting - I was quite surprised!

As a kid one year, I think maybe the 5-year-old mark, my parents took me to Disneyland - that’s hard to beat, too haha!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday. I turned fifty over twenty-three years ago.

My most memorable birthday was my seventeenth on a weekend. I went to the Navy Reserve Center the following Monday and joined for my last year of high school. I graduated on a Friday and went on active duty the following Monday. They sent me on an all expenses paid senior trip to Viet Nam.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!

Here's my crazy 30th Birthday. Mom needed electrical work done on her house, and for whatever reason it had to be done on my birthday. So it's 90 plus degrees out I'm running wires through her attic. They keep asking me over and over again oh would you mind doing this one more thing for us. I end up spending 8AM-6PM there doing crap for them in the heat on my day off.

I call my GF at the time (shittiest girlfriend ever) told her that I was on my way home, exhausted and may want to skip going out. I am driving home pissed that my Mom and my GF hadn't considered it was my birthday at all, and I wasn't even offered dinner out on my birthday after all the work I did on their house. I had steam coming out of my ears on the way home, how inconsiderate.

I walk in the front door and there is about 20 of my friends screaming happy birthday. I was very surprised, only surprise bday party I ever had. She had gotten friends from college and high school to show up. Had a keg ordered and had an ice sculpture made to use as an ice luge for shots, set up stero equip in back yard. It was a blast. The ice sculpture you poured liquor in her head and it went down her back and came out at the ass. The girlfriend was still a complete piece of trash, but it was my funnest birthday party ever.

I don't think I have drank that much ever since in my whole life.

(Not me puking in above pic).

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Turned 60 yesterday, the most interesting BD ever. Felt like I was living in a post-apocalyptic movie, but it's real. Eek

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 50th Birthday! I will meet you there Saturday!

Posts: 194 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday to all!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post