SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shop/Motorcycle Room Build......
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shop/Motorcycle Room Build...... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
That thing is sweet. Enjoy!

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
That's very similar to what I did to my house. You can use the area that forms a triangle in the center of the truss. I screwed 2 x 4's about 12" or so off the floor (to clear insulation) and laid down 3/4" plywood. You have to crawl on your hands and knees, but it works.

Yep. I plan on building maybe a dozen narrow, long shelves going back between the trusses.

Thanks Powers!

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised to not see a garage door entrance. The double pedestrian doors will be sufficient?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38600 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I think it'll work alright it's a commercial double door 7' wide x 7' high so a side by side or even a compact tractor will fit. I wanted the door to seal very well and be rodent proof, the damn mice chew through the bottom seal at the corners on my garage door.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Finished!

Contractor built up the grade, raked and planted grass (which is already coming up thanks to all the damn rain!) also finished up some little things inside like running the base and a few electrical items so they're done. I Put down some laminate flooring in the wood shop room yesterday, now I just need to get the LVP installed in the rest of the building, then move stuff in and start using it. Big Grin

Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
My compliments to your craftsmen, I'm drooling in my keyboard here. Outstanding shop. Maybe post a few pics after you got it usable for a spell?

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oldrider:
My compliments to your craftsmen, I'm drooling in my keyboard here. Outstanding shop. Maybe post a few pics after you got it usable for a spell?

Thank you Oldrider, I will post a couple pics once I get it "occupied".

Curious.... "Oldrider" comes from....?

Someone old, riding a motorcycle, bicycle, other?

Someone riding an old motorcycle, bicycle, other?

posted Hide Post
Very impressive. Much more “finished” inside than I think I would need.

As far as “Ridewv” for a name, my riding buddy and I did some of that in the late summer of 2017. Coming from PA we did the Blue Ridge Highway South, then crossed into WV and came back north. Beautiful rural ride. Will have to do it again and stop to see your place.

As far as wrenching on bikes, we do most of our own work. Ours are BMW’s ranging from 1952 to 1994. Do you have a lift going into the bike shop? They sure make it nice.

Nice job on the shop. Hope to see more one day.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
most impressive throughout the process. really well done.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chris and Nasig!

quote:
Originally posted by Chris42:
Very impressive. Much more “finished” inside than I think I would need.

As far as “Ridewv” for a name, my riding buddy and I did some of that in the late summer of 2017. Coming from PA we did the Blue Ridge Highway South, then crossed into WV and came back north. Beautiful rural ride. Will have to do it again and stop to see your place.

As far as wrenching on bikes, we do most of our own work. Ours are BMW’s ranging from 1952 to 1994. Do you have a lift going into the bike shop? They sure make it nice.

Nice job on the shop. Hope to see more one day.

Probably more finished than I need too but I thought what the hell might as well make it comfortable.

Blue Ridge "Highway"? Or Parkway? I'm not familiar with a BR Highway but the BRP is a great motorcycle road. Really most of the little roads off of it are fun as well along with the little 600 roads in western Virginia. Really almost the entire Appalachians are nice, however northern WV where I am is plagued with poor road maintenance. If you're going to be in the area PM or Email me and plan on stopping by for sure!

Airheads and K bikes? Or is the 94 an Oilhead? I have a 93 R100R and 2016 R1200RS which has barely been ridden. Bought it last year then bent the front wheel (thank you WV DOT) before I even made it to the 600 mile service. Had it straightened just need to mount the tire and put it back on. I do some maintenance on my bikes such as oil changes, tires, minor repairs, etc., and I do have a lift which'll go in.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Very jealous! I have to cram all my bikes into my 2 car garage with the cars. Claustrophobia on steroids!

thought about swisstrax for flooring?

Any plans to pave the entrance?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Very jealous! I have to cram all my bikes into my 2 car garage with the cars. Claustrophobia on steroids!

thought about swisstrax for flooring?

Any plans to pave the entrance?

Two car garage isn't bad at all, over the years I've had to keep my motorcycle(s) anywhere from on the street, shack in the back, front porch, friends garage, etc. I'm looking forward to getting them in their new room though. Big Grin

I looked into Swisstrax as well as other "garage flooring" but I ended up going with LVP for a couple reasons. One I didn't want any flooring that was solid color as it shows dirt, dust, stains, scratches, etc. too much. It needs to be textured for non-slip, stand up to tires, side stand legs, work benches, etc. I found this LVT with a 27 mil wear layer for $2.30 per sq. ft. including adhesive. The laminate I already had.
Those planks are just laying there not glued, I wish they were a little lighter in color but I think they'll be functional.

To be honest paving the entrance never really crossed my mind because my drive is gravel out to the dirt/gravel road which leads to another road which was paved at one time but it's back mostly to gravel and dirt. I do need to get the stone at the entrance rolled down then I'll cover it with crusher run when I cover the entire driveway which needs it now.

posted Hide Post
Ridewv - sort of off on a tangent here, so I’ll keep it short - the ‘94 is a R1100RS oilhead. All the rest are airheads - ‘52 R25, ‘67 R50 and a ‘77 R100S. Three bought in the last 16 months. Have had the R100S for 29 years! All on Antique tags.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post